CHAPTER 6

I swore myself into silence until I reached my office. I was not going to waste my time thinking about what had happened in the elevator. I know how rich people are; they think the ones who don't make a fortune like them are not even worth their time. But somehow the look I saw in his eyes looked much more hateful and I wonder why.

Why would a guy hate you when he doesn't even know you? Well, then again I hate a lot of people in my office and half of them I don't even know. So basically I have no right to judge that guy for not liking me. After all, he's not the first person to hate me, half of my office does.

I walked into my crappy office dressed in a pair of black jeans and black shirt tucked neatly into my jeans and a pair of black heels I had found lying around somewhere in my mother's apartment, probably her's. If it belonged to her then I can wear all her footwear and considering the lifestyle she had, I bet she has an entire closet of them.

Shaking my head I pushed the glass door open and stepped into the office. For the first time feeling like a runway model and not like a bugger who looked more like a homeless girl then a decent working woman. I noticed a lot of people giving me curious looks, probably stunned by my new avatar but I don't care, right now I need to get to my workstation.

As I got close to my cubicle I noticed something weird. Call me judgy if you like but I noticed a weird looking girl dressed in an ill fitted salwar suit with oil-drenched hair sitting on my seat dirtying my chair with whatever oil she was wearing on her semi-loose hair adorned with a truck load of flowers. Who is she and what is she doing in my workstation?

"Hey you, that's my workstation," I demanded as I banged my fist on the table. What? I tried calling her politely a few times but she ignored me, purposely. That bitch. She glared at me like I had asked her to give me her kidneys. "Not anymore. Now, this is my place you can go somewhere else." she snapped at me.

Interesting, she's good but not as good as me. I have to remind myself that she is still in my seat. "Look woman, I don't care who you are or what you are doing in my seat. Just get off and go sit somewhere else." I snapped back at her. She's wasting my time and if I don't log like in five minutes I will be marked absent for the entire day.

"I was assigned this seat, Madam. Why don't you go and talk to Shenoy Sir about this? From what I was told the girl who sat here got fired." I did not miss the smugness on her face and I wanted to punch her hard. Who does she think she is to mess with me?

"Roohi. In my office, now," Shenoy demanded as he stormed into our department, clearly after hearing us shouting. He didn't linger around long as he turned on his heels and walked away. It wasn't until this very moment that I noticed how much of a commotion I had been creating.

I gave a dirty look at the girl who smirked back at me. I turned on my heels and stomped towards the elevator, my heels clicking as I walked. I followed him into his office this time without bothering to knock or ask his permission. He put that mean bitch in my place without taking my permission so he deserves this.

He looked me up and down like he was surprised to see me look this good. Yes, baby, this is what you call effortlessly beautiful no pun intended. "What the hell is going on Sir, who the hell is she and what is she doing in my workspace?" I demanded in the most authoritative tone I could manage.

He narrowed his eyes at me, probably not like my tone. "Sit down Roohi let's keep this civilized," he replied emphasizing on the word civilized. And this triggered me even more. I am not an idiot; I know what's going on here. This is not new; up here we have a fashion of getting a replacement even before warning the employee who was supposed to be fired. Yup, I'm getting fired or I'm already fired who knows.