Chapter 7

It had been a week since Snufkin's birthday, and days had gotten much colder. Well, apart from today. There was warm(ish) weather in the air, suggesting with it good fortunes for the new year.

Moomintroll leaned against railing gazing out across the old, wrickety bridge. He was looking for Snufkin, who had disappeared for a few days. Of course this wasn't uncommon for the mymrik, he would often leave for a day or so without saying.

Moomin wouldn't, couldn't, deny it any longer. He loved the green clad mymrik, and I didn't care who knew. He loved Snufkin with all of his flaws and perfections. If only he were brave enough to tell him...

"Hey Moomin!" called a feminine voice from across bridge. Snorkmaiden appeared from across the distance, waving. She was wearing a fuchsia cardigan which contrasted starkly from her lime green pelt, and her mane of fur on her head was styled into curls. She looked very much like a watermelon.
"Hi Snorkmaiden," replied Moomin, waving back. He walked over to Snorkmaiden and the two embraced. "I thought you wouldn't be back till November?" asked Moomintroll.
"Well weren't, but Papa forgot that had a business trip. You remember how he was, always so forgetful."

The two made their ways into the living room, and where they were immediately greeted by Moominmama, who was knitting. "Hello Moomintroll, Snorkmaiden. It is good to see you, and so early too, " said Moominmama, "Why don't I make us all some tea? We can have some shortbread with it too."
"Oh yes please," answered Snorkmaiden. And she hung her cardigan on a branch.

In the kitchen Moominmama put the kettle on hob and filled a teapot with a couple of chamomile teabags. Snorkmaiden sat down at the breakfast table next to Little My, who beamed toothely at her. Little My placed another set down much to the annoyance of Moominpapa, who seemed to losing at their game of cards.

When they can all drank their tea and ate the shortbread biscuits, Snorkmaiden stood up. "Me and Moomin are going to go back to my house," said Snorkmaiden, pulling her cardigan back on.

🍄

The two sat at the Snork's table after finishing their meal. Snorkmaiden was talking but Moomin heard particularly nothing of it. His mind was swarming with thoughts and memories of his hat wearing friend. Oh Snufkin, thought Moomintroll, Where have you gone?

"Moomin, did you hear anything I just said?" asked Snorkmaiden. "Of course I did, Snorkmaiden," answered Moomin. But Snorkmaiden saw straight through his lie.

"How long has he been missing?"

"Huh, wh-who are you taking about."

"Oh come on Moomintroll, don't play me for a fool, " huffed Snorkmaiden, standing up, "You know what I'm taking about." Moomin sighed and answered, "For a week now."
"It's as clear as the blue sky, Moomin," said Snorkmaiden, "Almost everyone knows that you love Snufkin. Why don't we go on a walk and talk about?"

🍄

This is probably a shit chapter. I found this chapter hard to write for no reason.

I'm sorry.