Trivia

Thank you for reading this book! I wanted share some trivia and such about this book!

✿The book begins on the 30th August, and ends November 20th.

✿Leaves are used as symbols. At the beginning of the book most of the leaves are on the trees, showing that Snufkin's departure is far away. And at the end of book the leaves all fall off early, symbolising that Snufkin left early.

✿Snufkin's birthday is on 10th October.

✿Snorkmaiden and Little My are dating, as hinted to in Chapter 10.

✿The pancakes that Snufkin brings to the picnic are the same that Moomin made for his birthday.

And now time for my favourite out-of-context Quotes!

"I like looking at the rain, not going out in it. Are you going to finish this?"
-The Joxter (Chapter 2)

Little My: "So, where's this boat you speak of?"
Snufkin: "Oh, well, I haven't got it yet."
-(Chapter 3)

'But Snufkin had lost his appetite, and the soup smelt disgusting.'
-(Chapter 4)

"Oh come on please, you've been staring at that fire for an hour now."
-Moomintroll (Chapter 4)

'... stuttered Snufkin, handing Moomin a bone that had been sitting in his pocket for a month now.'
-(Chapter 4)

'Or at least trying to. The stones just sunk down the bottom.'
-(Chapter 5)

'Either Snufkin walked very fast, or Moomin had short legs.'
-(Chapter 5)

'She looked very much like a watermelon.'
-(Chapter 7)

'If the hail continued any longer then all the windows would be smashed.'
-(Chapter 8)

"Of course he is, he's just being dramatic."
-Little My (Chapter 10)

Thank for the 848 reads, 82 votes and all the funny and constructive comments I've gotten. Thank you all for your support!

STARTED: 27/08/20.

FINISHED: 10/10/20.

Edit 22/01/21: Descriptions of Snufkin being a "mumrik" have been changed to "mymrik" (mymble/mumrik).