Chapter 3: Water to the Dead

The Sietch shook from the sudden quake, waking Paul and Jessica. They looked act each other. They both sat up and looks at Elizabeth as she was already up. "Something's wrong," she informs them.

They looked over, seeing the Fremen were already awake and talking among themselves, Elizabeth pulls herself from the covers, pulling her sandals and steps away from her sleeping bed, spotting Chani was hurrying towards the door of the Sietch. Shooting a look over at Paul. The two immediately stood up and hurried after her.

 Stilgar stood just outside, two of his men dressed for the travel, Imre stood next to his, his arms crossed

Stilgar stood just outside, two of his men dressed for the travel, Imre stood next to his, his arms crossed. "Are you sure, Stil? I'm the strongest one here, I can make that walk in half-day." Imre informs him, but Stilgar shook his head at him, "No, you're responsible for the girl, I need you here." he informs him, Imre nods his head at him and steps back as the two walks down the steps.

Elizabeth and Paul join them outside, seeing the sand cloud in the distance, Stilgar turns to them and back to the horizon. "Spice blow. Somewhere to the east." Stilgar calls out to them. Paul walks up next to Chani as Elizabeth stood next to Imre, feeling that something was wrong about that Spice blow. Stilgar walks back and stood next to Paul "A large field, from the looks of it." he tells him the two-shot a look at him. But Stilgar pats his shoulder and walks back inside.

Imre looks down at Elizabeth, as she watches the men walkout. "They're gathering the spice from the blow before the Harkonnen pirates find out about it," he tells her. Elizabeth nods as she looks up at him. "You harvest the spice, trading it to the Spacing Guild to keep their satellites away from Arrakis," she answers. Imre arches his eyebrow at her, surprise she even knew.

But Elizabeth looks away, biting her lip. "Sorry, a habit." she apologies, but Imre smiles down at her, then looks back at the spice blow "Liet's wish was to keep our secrets away from the prying eyes of the Empire, so we harvest our Arrakis spice as bribes," he states and Elizabeth looks back up at him. Imre looks back down at her. "What secrets?" she asks. He chuckles at her. Then brushed back a strain of her hair "In due time, you will learn." he tells her and walks away, his hand slips through his fingers.

Following Chani into the Sietch, Elizabeth stood there, in shock momentarily then her cheeks flush as she just realized that her heart was skipping. Slapping her cheeks she focuses her thoughts away from Imre. Paul looks down at her. Seeing that she was flushed and panicked about something then she turns back and marches towards the Sietch, "Elizabeth?" he asks, gripping her arm and she turns to him, seeing her cheeks were red.

It clicks right in his head and she looks away, "Shut up." she stutters and marches back into the Sietch. Paul chuckles as he chases after her. Once they step inside some of the Fremen were waiting for them. "Amtal!" Jamis call out, making the two stop and look right at him. Imre steps out, with confusion as Chani ran up next to him. "Really? Now he calls him out?" Imre questions him.