𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Jennie felt the color in her face drained as she stared ahead

Jennie felt the color in her face drained as she stared ahead. The person she resented the most was smiling happily. She felt herself tremble which irritated her. Though it wasn't her fault anyone in her shoes would feel the same, besides a mother's love is something a daughter needed the most.

Jisoo noticed Jennie wasn't moving which made her reach out to Jennie. "Hey, are you alright?" She asked noticing Jennie's body trembling ever so slightly under her palm.

"I'll catch up with you guys in a while I need to go to the bathroom." Jennie replied harshly tugging herself from Jisoo's grasp.

"Wait–" Jisoo's words fell on deaf ears as Jennie continued to walk away from her. She sighed and continued to join the others.

Jennie watched as the woman wore a bright smile as she clutched onto a girl's shoulders who stood in front of her. They both laughed along with the students without a care in the world.

She was now four feet away from the crowd. Her legs felt heavy as if she was stuck in hardened cement. A man walked up to the two and kissed the woman's cheek further concluding Jennie's nightmare.

The woman's gaze fell on Jennie as she felt a hard glare that was too strong to leave unnoticed. Her eyes widened, "I'll be right back." She told her husband and daughter before walking toward Jennie.

Jennie instantly backed up as the woman neared her. "It's good to see you again Jennie." She said with a soft smile.

Jennie, however, did not return a smile instead she felt the need to throw up. "You left us for them." She mumbled clenching her fists as tears slowly welled up in her eyes.

The woman bit her lip, "I'm so happy you enrolled in this school. So does that mean you're a hero in training?" She asked clearly trying to avoid Jennie's comment.

"Tell me the truth! You left us for them!" Jennie shouted loudly making the woman flinch.

"Yes but that doesn't mean that I don't l—" Jennie cut her off with a scoff.

"Please don't start with that shit. I know you never loved me or dad otherwise you would have stayed!" Jennie retorted.

"Lee Jennie don't talk to your mother like that." She scolded.

"Lee what a disgusting surname." Jennie thought. "It's Jennie Kim now and you were never a mother to me." This made the woman scowl. Jennie smirked as an idea popped into her head. "How would you like for your daughter to know her half-sister is a villain."