Sibling Competition (1)

Third Person POV

Two teens walked through the hallways of the air island, talking about the competition they are competing in, "Lets just swoop them off the ground and air scoot to the finish line." Meelo, the 13 year old, suggested with a smirk.

"We can't do that, but nice try." Ikki, the 15 year old, smiled walking beside him, "Hey Ikki, Meelo! A 8 year old boy ran to them, he was known as their younger brother Rohan. They turned around and smiled, "Hey Rohan!" Ikki waved.

"I want to be in the competition!" They 8 year old exclaimed swinging his arms in the air. Both siblings froze, and Meelo went to rub his neck. "Rohan only two sibling can compete to together not three." Ikki explained which left a frown on the boy.

"I'm sorry." Ikki and Meelo walked away leaving Rohan alone and sad, but that soon changed when he saw his oldest sister Jinora. "Jinora!' He yelled running towards her, she looked at him and smiled.

"Hey." She waited for him to reach her and stop moving. She was holding a book since she just came back from reading in her secret spot. "I was wondering, since the sibling competition is coming up, we should be a team!" He smiled with joy on the last part.

Jinora nervously smiled and chuckled, "I'm sorry but I don't really like doing those competitions." He frowned again and walked off, leavin a very guilty Jinora.

A few hours later he walked into the kitchen, where his mom was washing dished that were used earlier for dinner. He sighed and sat on the little table. Pema looked at him, "What's wrong?" She dried her hands with a towel and looked at her baby boy.

"No one wants to be my partner for the sibling competition." He explained giving her a sad look. Pema looked confused, "Not Jinora?" She knew that Meelo and Ikki were already partners. He shook his head looked down.

Pema rubbed his back and began to think, How can I make this better?

Later that night Jinora and her boyfriend Kai were walking back to the rooms, "Jinora!" Jinora looked behind her to see her mom walking towards her. She looked confused, "Yes mom?" Pema slowed down when she caught up to the young couple. "Kai, would you give us a minute?"

Kai nodded, "Yeah, sure. Goodnight Jin." He waved heading towards the boy rooms of the island. "Can you please do the competition with Rohan." Pema pleaded, Jinora groaned and rolled her head, "Please, This means so much to your brother, he wont care if you win he just want's to participate."

Jinora looked into her mothers eyes and nodded, "Fine, I'll do it." Pema hugged her, "Thank you, and don't give me that look that says you're going to hate it, I know you're going to love it." Jinora laughed and soon Pema joined in.

___________

"GOOD MORNING TEAMMATE!" Rohan shot up rubbing his eyes from the sudden lighting, shining into his eyes. He looked over to see his sister in full training wear and opening his curtains.

He looked confused and tilted his head, "Come on, you have to get ready for us to train for competition." Jinora smiled, he finally understood. He smiled brightly and ran to give Jinora a hug. "Thank you!" He muffled through the tight hug. She laughed and hugged him back,

She then pulled him away and walked to the door, "get ready." She walked out of his room.

Rohan jumped and rushed to get his training clothes on. He let out a giggle for excitement, he was finally going to be able to be in the competition.

He ran out of his room using his airbending to make him run faster. He didn't realize how fast he was going which made it a little hard to stop. "AHHH!" He screamed trying to stop.