CHAPTER 2

Aubree’s POV

I wake up to the alarm. I sit up on my bed and think what today would have to unfold for me.

I freshen up and get dressed for the training. I walk down to the kitchen and the familiar scent of waffles wafted through the air and hit my nose. I smile softly to myself and sit on the island stool.

“Oh, sweetie, you are ready?” My mom asks smiling towards me.

“Yes, I am.” I respond while taking some waffles in my plate.

“Your dad is waiting for you outside the house.” She tells me.

“Outside the house?” I question her, raising my eyebrow.

“Yeah, different kind of training, maybe.” She tells me.

“Yeah, maybe.” I mumble, wishing and hoping to myself that I would be able to get through it.

I finish the breakfast and head outside the house. I hope he doesn’t go too hard on me today. I walk out and find my dad.

“We have to run three rounds of the whole pack.” He tells me and my mouth drops open. Our pack is huge. And I mean really huge.

“But I don’t have my wolf yet.” I try to find an excuse.

“I know that.” He tells me. “We are going to run in our human forms.” He clarifies and I nod in agreement.

“1…2…3…and go.” He says and starts running. I quickly go and follow behind.

We complete the first round and I am already a bit tired but we keep running. Dad is a bit ahead of me. I try catching up with him but he is too quick for me.

“Come on, push your legs harder.” He encourages me.

I keep running, trying to get faster and faster. Soon we finish the second round. We keep running, but halfway through the third round, I can feel my legs and thighs burning with exhaustion. It feels like my lungs are about to explode so I slow down a bit to take a breather.

“Come on, don’t stop.” My dad growls from where he is a bit ahead of me.
I keep running and we complete the three rounds. I flop down on the grass and lie there.

“Come inside to the training room.” He instructs me.

What? Did he mean that the training is not over yet? No. How the hell in the world is this much not enough? I don’t think that I can do anything further. I sigh and get up to make my way towards the training room.

“I want you to do 50 squats.” My dad tells me as soon as I enter the training room. I look at him, my eyes wide. Is he serious?

I start doing the squats but after having 35 done, I can feel my body giving up. I can hear my dad telling me to go on.

“Don’t stop. Don’t stop. How will you become a successful alpha?” he keeps telling me. I push myself harder and complete the squats.

“Don’t stop, start 100 push-ups.” He tells me.

I have no choice but to follow his orders. I start doing push-ups. I hardly complete 40 and my body is giving up. My father is telling me something but I can’t hear it because of the ringing sound caused by blood rushing through my ears. I try to read his lips.

“Come on, quick, you can do it.” He is screaming to me, maybe, I can’t tell.

“I can’t.” I try to say but it comes out as a whisper.

“Louder.” He tells me.

“I can’t.” I tell him again, louder this time and lie down on the ground. His face morphs to an expression of anger. He wouldn’t let me give up even if I fainted. Maybe, if I fainted, he would let me be.

“WEAK, USELESS, INCAPABLE.” He shouts at me and stomps out of the room.

I slowly get up and walk back to my room and lock the door. I crash down face-first on my bed. I lay there for sometime, my father’s words echoing in my head. I could feel tears welling in my eyes. Soon they started falling down and streaming down my face.
I keep wiping them with my hands, but I just couldn’t stop them from falling continuously. I take a deep breath and walk towards my drawer. I sifted through it until I found a picture.

It was an ultrasound picture, the only picture of me and my twin brother. I found this picture in my parents’ room, when I was there once. He is not here, because he died in the womb and I lived. I start sobbing as I think about him. We didn’t play together nor do we have any fond memories but I still love him dearly.

He is not here with us and I have no one but myself to blame. I have thought that it happened naturally, that it wasn’t my fault, but still I always end up blaming myself. I know my parents secretly wish that it would be better if I died instead of him. He would have become the strong alpha my father wants. I can imagine the three of them as a perfect happy family and all I am doing is ruining this family. I know my parents secretly hate me for killing him.
I slowly cry myself to sleep. All I could think about was MY TWIN BROTHER.

Lucas' POV

I sit there in the forest and wait for Aubree, maybe she is a bit late. I wait for almost an hour but still there is no sign of her.

Maybe, she forgot. No, no, she would be just busy. I wait for a bit more but she doesn’t show up. Sadly, I walk back to home, thinking about her the whole way.

She is my mate. I know this because I am a year older than her. My wolf – Leo – wants me to tell her. But I want her to find out herself when she is 18. I want to see her reaction.

Though, I won’t have to wait too long because she will be turning 18 in a month. I know she is a bit insecure, she thinks she is not enough, that everyone hates her. I want to take all her insecurities away and always keep her happy.
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

So, what do you think about the chapter? There is so much more to come and I am so excited to share this story with you guys.

Question of the day:
What are your advices about loving yourself ?

Please vote and comment.
Instagram: @aastha_soni47
You can dm me here or there too just mention that you are a wattpadder.