CHAPTER 4

Aubree's POV

I am covered in blood. Dead bodies of around 5 rogues lying in front of me. I am bloody and exhausted. I look up and see that the pack members and warriors have created a crowd around me. Everyone is looking at me.

I feel shy from all the attention I am getting. I look up at my dad, he looks happy. I see Lucas staring at me from behind some warriors, he looks proud.

You would be confused as to what is happening, so let me tell you from the beginning.

Flashback

I wake up and have my breakfast. My dad is not here, again. I do not take it to my mind, I blame it on the increasing rogue attacks. I sit there, on the sofa, humming to myself. I see my mom from the corner of my eye. She comes and sits next to me. I look at her and smile softly.

"Hey, sweetie, what are you doing?" she asks me casually.

"Waiting for dad to come and train me." I tell her.

"Your dad is really busy nowadays. The rogue attacks have really worried him." She says, sighing.

"Everything will be fine." I assure her, placing my hand on top of hers.

"Aubree," my dad's voice booms in my head. "I want you to come at the east border now." He tells me. I could hear the urgency in his voice.

"Mom, I have to go." I say as I get up to leave. She nods understandingly.

I run towards the east border and suddenly the stench of rogues hits my nose. I keep running and soon I see my dad and other warriors standing there. In front of them, there are 5 rogues. Why aren't they doing anything? Dad never tolerated rogues before.

My dad comes towards me. "Aubree, I want you to kill these rogues. That is your training for today." He tells me.

"But they are stronger. They have their wolves. They are in their wolf forms. How can I fight them?" I try to reason with him.

"No buts. This is an order." He speaks in his alpha tone, leaving no choice for me.

I go towards the rogues and stand there, observing each one of them. One of them comes to attack me. He stands up on his hind legs and tries to push me down.

I kick him in the abdomen and he falls down. I get a hold of him and slam him across a tree. He falls down and I grab a hold of him and snap his neck.

The two other wolves attack me simultaneously. They try to bite me but I quickly take my foot up and stomp it down on his neck. I hear bones cracking and his body falls limp. I slam the other wolf across the tree repeatedly and then shove him down to the ground.

I take the other two down as well. I look down at myself. I have a few claw marks on my body but other than that I am completely fine.

So, yes, that's what happened since the morning. I see Lucas smiling at me and I smile back at him. I never realised that I was so much stronger after training these many years.

"You can go take a shower. Meet me after that." My dad tells me.

I go home and my mom comes running towards me.

"Honey, honey, what happened? Are you okay?" my mom asks me. Worry written all over her face.

" I am fine. This is not my blood. Dad told me to fight rogues. It is their blood. Calm down, I am completely fine." I slowly explain her.

"Oh! Thank god, you are okay." She says gratefully.

"I am going to take a bath." I say and she nods.
I quickly go to the bathroom and wash the blood off of me.

I get changed and go downstairs where I see my dad.

"You did really good today, Aubree." He tells me.

"Thank you." I say, smiling.

I then go to meet Lucas at the forest.

"Oh god, Aubree, you were amazing today. You really did a great job. You should have seen the faces of the warriors. You fought the rogues and you don't even have your wolf yet. Think how strong you would be once you have your wolf." Lucas starts ranting as soon as I reach the forest.

"Okay, okay, I am flattered." I say sarcastically.

"No, seriously, you-you, I don't even have words for how amazing you were today." He says, smiling softly.

"Thank you." I say, genuinely.

We talked some more after that and then said our goodbyes.

I lay on my bed, staring at the ceiling. My birthday is near. As it gets nearer, I am getting more anxious. You would think, I am turning 18, I will have my wolf, maybe find my mate, what could go wrong? But, there are so many things that can go wrong.

What if my wolf and I are not strong enough? Dad would hate me even more. What if my mate doesn't like me? What if he rejects me?

Every time on my birthday, I feel guilty for my brother. I am living the life that he should have been living. I took it away from him. How could someone love a person like me? A person who could do nothing right.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Question of the day:
Do you guys have any ship names for Aubree and Lucas?

Please answer in the comments.

Love you all as always and keep voting.