CHAPTER 7

AUBREE'S POV

Then, suddenly the doorbell rings.

My mom goes to open the door. I hear the door opening.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUBREE" Lucas yells as soon as the door opens.

He comes in and I look in his eyes. I get lost in his eyes. His emerald green eyes look like they are calling me. I have never seen them so carefully. He is my mate. My wolf is dumbstruck by seeing our mate.

"I will let you absorb the fact that we are mates but first let me show you your gift." Lucas says. I can't help but blush a deep red.

He gives me a bag and I open it. A box of chocolate dipped strawberries. He knows these are my favorite. There is a little box inside the bag. I open it and find a beautiful bracelet inside. Underneath it the words are 'my princess'. I smile and hug Lucas. There are sparks all over my body as I touch him.

"Uhm, we will let you to enjoy your new mate bond." My mom says, clearly happy. She leaves and dad also leaves, reluctantly.

"So, a little hug won't suffice." Lucas says, making me blush.

He leans in. I feel his soft lips press on mine. I close my eyes. I never thought about him in this way, but it's wonderful what a mate bond can make you feel. There are butterflies and fireworks in my belly. We separate to catch our breath, both panting. I rest my forehead on his and look into his eyes. This moment, I don't want to forget this ever. I want to capture it.

"You already knew I was your mate, didn't you?" I ask him. He nods.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask him.

"I wanted you to know it by yourself. I wanted to see how you would react. Wanted to see that beautiful smile of yours." He tells me, genuinely.

"You are being so sweet right now. Are you planning on being like this always? Or will you go back to your stupid self?" I ask him, giggling.

"This is me. That is me too. I have different sides for different moods. This is my romantic side. I want to be everything you want me to be, Bree." He says, smiling.

"I want you to be my best friend. I don't want that relationship to change. I definitely want us to be more comfortable with each other, though. You don't have to change for me."  I tell him and I mean it.

"Uhh, sweetie, I think you would be a bit tired, you should rest." My mom says, suddenly coming from behind us. We quickly separate.

"Yes, you should rest. Bye, Bree." Lucas says, about to leave.

"That's a really good nickname, though. No one calls me that. It's sweet." I say, appreciating him.

"Only for you, baby." He says, running off.

My wolf becomes sad as he leaves. She wants us to be connected by the hip, all day, every day.

'We will meet him again soon, Akari.' I reassure her.

I greet mom and dad goodnight and then go to my room.

'I am so happy to find mate. Our mate is wonderful.' Akari says.

'Of course, he is. You can't stop gushing over him, can you?' I tease her.

'Mate's wolf is also very nice. He said that I'm the most beautiful wolf he has ever seen.' She says, smiling softly.

'Can't blame him. That's actually true. You are one of the most wonderful things that has happened to me. I am so grateful to have you.' I tell her, genuinely.

'You are amazing too, Aubree. But you need to stop doubting yourself and be more comfortable in your own skin.' She says. I know she is genuinely concerned about me.

'I will try.' I respond.
-----------------------------

I wake up and freshen up quickly. I go downstairs and go towards the training room.

"Have your breakfast first, Aubree." My mom says, stopping me in my track.

"Um, I'm not that hungry." I reply, trying to slip out of the situation.

"You will have to take your breakfast after the training and I don't want any excuses." She tells me, sternly. I nod and hurry to the training room.

The training goes quite smooth. I have to say, because of Akari, the training has become more easy and likable. I didn't have to put that much effort. I also did not feel that I would faint any minute.

I get out of the training room and try to slowly slip back into my room. I am trying to avoid mom.

"Aubree, breakfast." My mom says from behind me.

"How about if I freshen up first?" I ask, fidgeting.

"No, you are going to eat, right now." She says, leaving no room for argument.

I try to eat slowly. Every bite tasting of guilt. Feeling disappointed every time I feel the food going in my stomach. Somehow, I feel pretty only when I'm hungry. The calorie calculator in my head keeps ringing and showing red flags. I finish my breakfast and run up to my room.

I don't want to but I can't help but just puke. Fingers in my throat, I start retching in the toilet. I feel someone's presence in my room. I look up towards the door and see Lucas. When did he come? I didn't even knew that he was going to come. He looks horrified. He probably doesn't want me anymore.

"You are a bulimic?" He asks, still shocked.

I get up quickly, flush the toilet and rinse my mouth. I get out of the bathroom with Lucas following behind me.

"Are you a bulimic?" He asks again.

"No, no, of course not, I just felt really sick and had to puke. You don't hate me, right?" I start rambling.

"How can I hate you? How can you even think that? I can never hate you. Why would you do that? I know you forced yourself to puke." He says, offended.

"Can we please not talk about it?" I ask, meekly.

"We have to. It's okay if you don't want to talk right now. But please, don't keep me out of your life. Please let me know if something's wrong. I want to help you. I am leaving right now. But tomorrow, we are going to talk about this. You don't have to hide anything." He tries to explain me. He looks so hurt. I never wanted to hurt him.

"Lucas, I love you." I tell him as he starts leaving.

"I love you too, Aubree. Please take care of yourself." He says, lovingly.

The rest of the day goes thinking about Lucas and what he said. I am dreading the talk we are going to have tomorrow. I don't want to lose him. I will try to tell him the truth tomorrow. I never want to see him walk away from me.
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Question of the day:
Do you guys think that Lucas will leave Aubree?
Please answer in the comments
Love always♥️