Going Home

"y/n, we're going to be late!"

"coming mom!" you say as you put the last of your clothes into your trunk.

It was your sixth year studying at Hogwarts: School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, even though you loved living with your mom, you always felt that Hogwarts was your real home.

"come on y/n, hurry up, I wanna see the train!" your little sister, Katherine, whines.

"I know, I know, I'm coming!"

you slam your trunk closed and hurry down the stairs to see your mom and sister waiting for you by the door.

"I cannot believe she gets to go Hogwarts and I'm stuck here" Katherine whimpers.

She was only 10, and wouldn't start at Hogwarts until the next year. You assumed she would be put into Slytherin, with how whinny she was. You didn't want to trash on Slytherin too much though, it was your house after all.

"Honey, it's not up to me, don't worry, you'll get to go next year" your mom replied.

You loved your mom, she was quiet and patient—unlike yourself. Even when your dad left, she seemed to become even more loving and kind. She always knew what to say.

"Well, what are we waiting for, let's go" you say.

You're in the car, about to leave, when you suddenly remember, "Midnight!"

You run back inside and grab your black cat, who doesn't seem pleased that she was almost left behind.

Nevertheless, you get back in the car with Midnight and reassure your mom that you haven't forgotten anything else.
————————————————————

You, your mom, and sister arrive at the train station just in time. You have to run to catch the train, but you make it with enough time to turn around and bid your little family goodbye.

"goodbye Mom, goodbye Katherine!" you shout.

You turn back around and decide to find a seat. Normally you would sit with Fred and George Weasley, your two best friends, but you had been so late to catch the train that almost all the seats were taken.

"Not unless you want to sit on Fred's lap" George joked, when you asked if there was any room to sit with them.

You knew he was joking, but you couldn't help but see the slight red tint on Fred's cheeks as he tried to laugh off George's remark.

"Whatever" you say as you turn around to leave, Midnight comfortable resting in your arms.

You finally find a nearly empty compartment. Empty, except for one person—Draco Malfoy.

"Hey l/n" Draco says in a seductive tone.

"Hey shit face" you reply.

"Oo not very friendly" Draco says as he looks at you.

For a brief moment you get lost in the grey pools that are his eyes, but quickly snap yourself out of it.

~Don't let him have the satisfaction ~ you think to yourself.

Now might be a good time to mention your previous relationship with Draco.

It was great, you both really liked each other, well, you assumed that Draco must have really liked you, considering you were only half blood.

Nothing was really wrong with the relationship, it just didn't work out, you were just too different from each other.

"Thinking about me?" Draco says, snapping you out of your daydream.

"Please" you say, rolling your eyes, trying to sound as if you weren't.
——————
The rest of the train ride was long and awkward.

You spent most of the time looking out the window and eating candy, trying to ignore Malfoy.

The train finally stops, and you whisper a silent, "thank god this is over" to Midnight.

"See you in the Great Hall l/n" Draco says slyly.

you roll your eyes, but you don't miss Draco winking at you as he leaves.

You leave the compartment to go and find Fred and George, who were only a few compartments down.

You finally see the twins and jog to catch up with them.

"You will not believe who I was stuck with that whole train ride" you say, panting, trying to keep pace with the tall boys.

"Let me guess..." says George.

"Malfoy" they say at the same time.

"Yeah" you say, feeling defeated.

"Man, we're definitely gonna have to pull some kind of prank on that kid" George says.

"Come on George, let's just leave him out of it" you reply.

You and George continue talking, but you notice Fred seems much more quiet than usual.

"What's wrong with you, Fred?" you say, cutting George off from what he was talking about.

"I just don't like the kid, someone needs to put him in his place" Fred replies, talking about Draco.

"Fred, I've been thinking exactly the same thing" George says with a smirk on his face.

Just then you arrive at the Thestral carriages and prepare to get on.

The ride to the castle consists of Fred and George planning their first pranks of the year, more than one including Draco.

The carriage turns the corner and Hogwarts castle becomes visible, it's beautiful towers bathed in moonlight.

There it is. Home.