Work

It's Wednesday, I week before you get off for Christmas break; and you're sitting in McGonagall's classroom with Fred and a few other students awaiting your punishment.

You haven't seen him since your "interaction" on Sunday; with him being busy with quidditch on Monday, and both of you being busy with school work on Tuesday.

Your hoping your punishment won't be too severe, and that it won't last too long.

"Alright, well I'm going to have you start with cleaning the animals' cages" McGonagall says, walking through the classroom door, and down through the aisle of desks.

You make a face, as do most of the students there. You and all of them know those cages haven't been cleaned in weeks.

"Get into small groups, and begin your work, all the supplies you need are in the janitors closet just down the hall—" she pauses, "—as some of you know" she says, looking at you and Fred.

You blush and try to hide your slight embarrassment as she continues.

"And remember, no magic allowed"

And just like that she walks back through the door and is on her merry way.

Everyone is silent for a moment, that is until Oliver Wood decides to speak up and start organizing everyone into groups. You assume he's in detention for what happened at the quidditch game on Monday. There had been an unfair call against Gryffindor, well unfair to Oliver, and he lashed out at the ref. You're glad it stopped at just bad-mouthing; you had seen what had happened when it escalated further; and it wasn't pretty.

"L/n, is it alright if you and Weasley start working on the cages at the front of the room?" Wood says, not really asking.

"Yeah that's fine" you answer, looking over at Fred.

You walk over and stand in front of Fred's desk with your hands resting on the table.

"Well, what are you waiting for Weasley, get up" you say.

Fred smirks and leans back in his chair, "I didn't expect to see you in detention, and uh, what are you in here for exactly" he says, with a sly grin, knowing exactly why.

"Oh shut it, before I leave and you have to do it all yourself" you retort.

"Okay, okay" Fred laughs.

Fred gets up and you both walk over to get a mop and bucket from Wood.

"Here ya are" Wood says, handing you the mop, and Fred the big yellow bucket, "Get to work".

You and Fred walk towards the front of the room and begin cleaning the lemur cage. Fred isn't helping much and you quickly become annoyed.

"Are you going to help, or are you just going to stand there and pretend to 'hold the mop bucket'" you say, making quotations with your fingers.

"Hey, you're the one who got us in here so why should I do the work when it's not my fault?" Fred asks.

"You think this is my fault that we got detention? I cant believe you"

"What? You think it's my fault? You're the one who practically gave me a hand job in the Great Hall" Fred says, in a whisper yell.

"McGonagall didn't see that though, she only saw the mess in the janitors closet, which was your fault"

"Unbelievable l/n, so you're telling me you had nothing to do with mess, because if I recall correctly, you were the one who knocked the broom over"

"Yeah, but you're the one who brought me to the janitors closet in the first place, and you're also the one who pushed me up against the wall, making the broom fall over" you whisper, in a heated rage.