Jealousy

A few months had past and everyone seemed settled in to the new school year. Everything was great between you and your friends and you were all glad to be back to the regular routine. Draco seemed to be leaving you alone and everything was as it should be.

"Hey guys what's up" you say, sitting down next to the girls like you always did.

"Ginny was just saying how she was thinking we could go down to Hogsmeade to look at dresses for the Ball" Hermione replies.

The Yule Ball was only 3 weeks away and everyone; well, all the girls; were very excited.

"Ooo, yes please" you say, reaching for a donut.

"So do you want to come?" Taylor asks, snapping you out of your longing gaze at the donuts.

"Oh of course, wouldn't miss it" you reply, shoving the donut into your face.
—————
After breakfast, most of the school heads down to Hogsmeade. Most of the boys head towards Honeydukes while most of the girls head towards the shops.

You, Ginny, Hermione, and Taylor follow the other girls towards the main dress store. You walk in to see the shop bustling with girls running around, trying to find the perfect dress.

You look around the shop, but can't seem to find the dress you're looking for.

"I think I'm gonna try to find another shop, or maybe I'll just head to The Three Broomsticks" you say to the girls.

"Are you sure?" Hermione asks.

"Yeah, It's too crowded, I'll have to come back another day"

"Well we'll see you at The Three Broomsticks then" Ginny says.

You walk out the door and are on your way when you see a little shop to your left with the name: Quintin Family Dress Shoppe, Circa 1013

~That's odd, I haven't seen this shop before~

To be fair, it was partially hidden behind another building.

You walk in and a small bell rings above the door.

"Looking for anything special today, dear?" An older woman asks, standing up from behind the counter.

"I'm just looking around, thanks" you reply glancing at all the expensive looking gowns.

"Well, just let me know if you need anything"

You nod your head and begin looking around the shop. The gowns seem more elegant than any of the other dresses you saw at the main store.

You sift through the few racks of dresses and are almost to the end of the second rack when you see a glint of dark green coming from in between a red and silver dress. You reach your hand back and pull out a forest green, almost black, dress. It's long and has a slit running up the side. The fabric is the smoothest silk you've ever felt and it has a slight shimmer from the thin layer of glitter that covers the dress. It was just a small layer, not too much, but perfect.

"Can I try this one on?" you ask the shop keeper.

"Of course, right this way" The woman says, directing you towards the back of the store.

She leads you to the dressing rooms and leaves you there to try it on.

Yes, the dress looked perfect on the rack, but you aren't sure if it will look good on you. You hope it will.

You slip into the silky fabric and pull the dress up over your waist and on to your shoulders. You zip up the back and turn around to look in the mirror.