1

When the little house came into view, Melodie Hudson knew she was in love. Making the move from Grand Haven, Michigan to Winter Park, Florida had to be the greatest decision she'd ever made. The little house was cute beyond words with its white siding, wraparound porch and a perfectly manicured lawn. She couldn't wait to do some gardening around the little house, bring some color to the white.

"Do you like it?"

Melodie turned to her husband, Devin. "Devin, it's perfect! I cannot believe you were able to find this for us! I mean, the house is beautiful, the lawn is perfect and the neighborhood." She took a breath to drift her eyes over the homes of her new neighbors. "It's ours. I feel like we belong here, honey."

"We do indeed, my love." Devin hummed as he kissed her hand, parking in the driveway.

Melodie had barely waited for the car to be stopped before darting right up to the front door. Her feet were bouncing so much it seemed she'd made a trampoline of the front porch. Her fingers touched the doorknob as if it were porcelain, careful to not break it and watch it all disappear in front of her eyes. This was really happening, this was really their house, their first home as a married couple. Her dream come true.

A key now dangled into her line of vision. A hand winding around her waist. "I think you may need this if you wish to see the inside of the house."

She giggled at her husband's words, reaching to take the key to which he yanked it higher, far beyond her reach. When she began to pout, he pressed the key down to her lips. "After we got married, I wasn't able to properly carry you over the threshold to solidify our marriage. We had an apartment, that wasn't proper. This," he motioned to the home in front of them. "This is proper. So," he leaned down to scoop her up bridal style, soliciting a squeak from her. "We have to do this right. Care to do the honor?"

The key was now in her grasp, she reached the keyhole with no issue, putting the key into the lock and turning it. The click of the lock unlocking, had her closing her eyes, basking in the glow of being a new homeowner. She turned the doorknob. Devin crossed the threshold with her in his arms.

Once inside the home, Devin gently placed Melodie on her feet, gazing at her in awe as she surveyed the home from the inside.

Gorgeous dark wooden flooring was under their feet. The walls were a light gray that gave the room a homey feel. The staircase that lead to the upstairs had a dark wood that matched the floors. Dark blue couches sat in the middle of the room. An unlit fireplace with light colored brick was at the center of the wall next to the entryway.

This was just the living room area, and she was beyond in love with all the detail. Devin did a wonderful job picking the home and furniture. She was right to put it in his hands.

Devin's arms were around her waist once more, softly swaying on the spot. "Think we can be happy here?"

Could they be happy here? Melodie had never felt this happy before, she didn't think she'd be able to feel this kind of happy anywhere else. Devin had found her a happy place; he'd done his job well.

"We will most definitely be happy here." She murmured, turning in his arms to smile up at him. His light green eyes held her captive. The angular panes of his face brought her hands to trace them. His sensual lips, so perfect, called out to her. She leaned up to bring her lips to his, in a calm yet passionate filled kiss.