A few days later brought on the first rainy day of their new lives in Florida. Never before in her life had Melodie seen rain of this caliper. It was insanity. At first she thought that it may have been a hurricane barreling down upon them. A quick search on her phone told her that wasn't the case. It was just a heavy storm, nothing more. No hurricane on the horizon yet.

    The rainy day also happened to be Devins first day off from the hospital since the day after they'd moved in. The poor guy needed rest. He'd been working himself sick. Melodie decided then to make the day as relaxing as possible for him, he deserved nothing less. She just wasn't sure what to do for him yet.

    At the moment, Devin laid on the couch, an arm draped over the side, flicking through the channels on the television. Each time something came up that he didn't like, he'd pout and huff.

    Melodie glanced up from her writing. It was time to do something together, something that relaxed him yet gave them time spent together.

    "Let's what a movie together, yeah?" She promoted when he'd let the remote fall from his hands and into the floor. She picked it up and flicked to their movie collection before settling on Jurassic Park. The movie was a classic you couldn't go wrong with. The rain would add to the mood of the movie later on.

    Together they settled onto the sofa, watching the movie. They'd reached the rain scene when the they meet t-Rex when Melodie felt something on her forehead. She reached up to find out where it came from when another drop landed identical to the last one. She sat up, squinting her eyes to the ceiling when another drop landed in her eye.

    "Devin." She slapped his chest. He'd just dozed off and sat up like a vampire waking up after being shut in a coffin. "Devin, babe, ceilings leaking!"

    "What?" He grumbled.

    She moved his hand to where the drip was coming down steadier. He retracted his hand at the first touch of water. Carefully he pushed Melodie to the side, stepping off the couch before examining the ceiling.

    "We weren't told of any leaks when we signed the papers." They hadn't. They were told the house was in impeccable condition. They had been lied to. A nice new water stain was starting on the ceiling. "I'll find out where it's coming from."

    "We need to get it fixed!" She exclaimed, jolting back as another drip joined the first. Her phone quickly appeared in her hands as she began to search for someone a plumber who could come by and fix their leak. The first three companies she called either ignored her or didn't have anyone to send. "Don't they have people for emergencies?" she grumbled, dropping her phone onto the couch.

    Devin sighed. "Go get Christian, let's see if he can help while I try to find a way to get this to stop. At least temporarily."

    Melodie nodded and darted out the door in the pouring rain. Shielding her eyes from the onslaught of wind, she made it to Christian's front door. Under the cover of his porch, she lowered her arm and knocked on the door.

    Christian answered within a minute. He smiled upon seeing who was at his doorstep. "Mel, what can I do for you?"

    She opened her mouth to speak but came up short. Christian wore a tight-fitting button up shirt that clung to his muscles like a second skin. The pants he wore showcased his assets flawlessly. At that moment she wanted nothing more than to dig her heels into the skin under the jeans. She had to shake that thought from her head once more, now was definitely not the time for those kinds of thoughts. Especially with her husband fifty feet away.

    Christian angled his head towards her in question. She'd been silent for quite some time.

    "Um," she began, clearing her throat. This wasn't the best way to start a conversation, especially when you needed help urgently like she did. "Sorry, I, um, well, Devin and I have a leak dripping into our living room, and we don't know how to fix it. None of the plumbing companies can help and we're not sure where Devin's tools are. Can you help?"