It didn't take long for Melodie to find Christian amidst the sea of dancing bodies. For such a diverse Halloween party, it came as no shock to see Christian as a construction worker. She'd seen him through the window with it on earlier, she'd had to go to the bathroom and freshen up before putting on her own costume.

She waved at him from over to the side where her and Devin had been dancing to Paradise City by Guns 'N Roses.

Devin shook his head with a short laugh, making her turn her head towards him with an arched eyebrow. "What?"

"Nothing." He replied. "It's just weird that of all costumes, he's a construction worker, and the only one here. I would've thought there'd be more construction workers."

She had to admit, he had a point. She'd thought the same thing, though she didn't mind that only Christian was wearing that costume tonight. It made him easier to single out. Granted it wasn't hard in the first place, he was a tall gorgeous mass of a man who parted crowds as if he were Moses.

He was about to walk right up to them when she gave a subtle shake of her head, a shake Devin didn't notice. She hoped the message in her eyes was clear : Not yet, but Yes.

He stopped short, pretending to be caught up in another conversation that was happening just by him. He was good at this game, almost like he'd played it before, that unnerved her slightly. She didn't like the idea of another woman's hands on him though was wanting another man's hands on her. Damn she was a walking contradiction.

Melodie continued to dance with Devin even as her wine emptied. When he noticed, he took her cup without a word, kissed her cheek and went to get her a refill.

Once he was gone, Melodie felt a warm breath caress her neck. "I'm glad you showed."

"Thanks for inviting me."

"Even if I hadn't asked, you were always invited to come."

She wanted more than anything to turn around and hold him for the first time, wanted to kiss those perfect lips, kiss that golden skin he had exposed, but she reigned herself in. He wasn't making this easy for her.

As she shifted her legs, he chuckled darkly, his hand barely brushing past her skin. She'd felt the touch as if she had just been burned by a skillet. She shivered.

"Tonight, Mel. Something will happen between us, something I've been wanting to do for a long time."

Indeed it would, the heat she felt between her legs was answer enough for that.

"It better be good, Christian. He's still a good guy."

He was in front of her now, eyeing her like a predator, though she knew he wasn't thinking about hurting her. "I'll make you forget him."

She hoped he would. If she never thought of him, she wouldn't feel guilty about what she wanted to do, what she was going to be doing. She wanted this though, there was no denying that fact, she couldn't believe that she'd been in denial for so long.

"I'll be holding you to that."

"As you should." His hand traced the lasso in her hands, a smirk growing on his face as he let it twirl in his fingers. "Don't forget this when the magic happens, Mel, I look forward to using it."