*heavy language*

The next morning when Melodie awoke in Devin's arms, she felt happier than she had in a long time. They'd spent the entire day yesterday lying in bed, having sex, watching movies, eating junk food, more sex. It was a great day; they had never had days like that before and it was bothering her. It'd been a wonderful day they'd have to replay over and over again.

Her thoughts hadn't drifted to Christian until well after Devin had fallen asleep. More than once she glanced out the window towards his house, wondering what he was thinking. Was he mad at her? Had he been waiting for her to call or come over all day? Would he understand why she'd slept with her husband all day like she had? When Devin left for work as she wouldn't be able to keep him home two days in a row, she'd find a way to talk to him.

Devin woke up a few moments later. She felt him kiss the top of her head. "Good morning."

She smiled at the raspiness in his voice. "Morning." She lifted her head, locking eyes with him. "Did you sleep well?"

"Hmm." He hummed. "Best sleep I've had in a long time. I had a lovely woman tire me out all day long, made sleep an easy thing."

Melodie blushed. "Glad to be of service."

He tumbled out of her hold and out of the bed. Melodie gave a whistle at his naked backside as he headed to the shower. He winked over his shoulder and gave a model strut the rest of the way into the shower. When the door closed behind him, she threw the blankets off of her body. The cool air of the room brushed over her naked body and she shivered.

She slowly got out of the bed herself. The breeze blew the curtain towards her and she got a glimpse of the outside world. The trees swayed and the sun was shining. It was going to be a beautiful day. She'd have to begin taking down the Halloween decorations today while Devin was at work.

Melodie caught sight of Christian outside. He was washing his car and he was shirtless as he did so. The muscles in his back flexed with each movement and her legs involuntarily clenched together. She had to turn away before he caught sight of her, she'd talk to him, but not until Devin left. She didn't know if she'd be able to control herself around him alone and didn't want to risk Devin catching her in the act. He wasn't asleep and he wasn't gone yet, she didn't have a valuable excuse to see Christian without Devin being overly curious about the situation.

She'd vowed to Devin 'for better or for worse' but she couldn't handle the worse right now. That was a conversation for a later day.

Devin walked out of the bathroom fully dressed. His dress pants and dress shirt had him looking like he was going to attend a wedding instead of going to work a shift at a hospital. He adjusted his tie in the mirror, catching sight of her still naked frame. She saw him tense as he finished.

She grabbed a pair of leggings and a bra and put them on. He couldn't be distracted this morning, he had to go to the hospital today. It saddened her to see him leave.

"Wish you could stay home again." She pulled the sports bra over her chest. It was always an effort, not having small breasts were a pain in the ass sometimes. "Yesterday was..." she sighed with a smile, memories flooding back, feelings flying like butterflies in her heart. "Yesterday was amazing!"

Devin turned and walked toward where she stood at the end of the bed. "We'll have another day like yesterday soon, I promise!" his eyes widened in emphasis. "Trust me, I'm not going to let that be a one time and done kind of thing. I'm thinking this weekend. New doctor can take the shifts, I'll tell them I have someone more important to do."

She smacked his arm as he chuckled, backing away. "Such a guy." She muttered under her breath.

Devin caught her words, grabbing her wrist and yanking her toward him with a sexy grin. "You don't need to make desert tonight, Mel, you're tasty enough to satisfy my sweet tooth."