6.

Sitting on the bench, where she first cried in his arms, where he first time held her, and promised to never let go. Where he made her believe, he'll always be here, then where he is now?

"Whats up buddy?" Aarush sat beside her.

"Um nothing."

"Yeah nothing." He mocked her.

"Why are you doing this, Naira? Staying here won't make anything good."

"I'm not trying to make anything good, Aarush. I'm tired of holding onto, I need to let go now. And I know if this time I again left,I still won't be able to let go of him. I would still think about. I need to stay here, I need to see his changing behaviour, I need to see that he doesn't give a shit about me. I need to see that he hates me, and I'm already seeing him. His presence is effecting me, but my presence isn't effecting him at all." She wiped the lone tear that had escaped her eyes.

"I know, I would still run to him. I know whenever I bump into wall or get any scrape, I still call him out. I know whenever I feel hungry I think about him how he always got to know that I'm hungry even when I didn't tell him he always knew what I want to eat, whenever I feel restless I think about him how he used to divert my mind by taking me out or by his soothing words, whenever i-

She couldn't complete her words, when the inner turmoil of her emotions came flowing down her eyes, like a river, that only knew how to flow.

"Hey, its okay. I know its hard for you." Aarush side hugged her, calming her down.

Kartik looked at both of them, he just reached there and saw them hugging each other, a freaking side hug.

Once it was him, right? Once he used to calm her down, now its someone else. She used to say no one can understand better than him, now she has got someone else in her life.

Once it was them sitting there in same position, now its not them anymore. Now its not him, he's nowhere.

___________________________________

"No, he cheated on me."

"I already warned you he's not a nice guy." Kartik said to Aisha in a mocking tone who just recently had a breakup.

"Yeah my bad, but he was good." She again whined, he chuckled.

"Okay come here." He took her in a hug.

"That asshole." She said and he laughed out.

Naira was just passing through garden when she saw them, in each other's arms. Both laughing in each other's embrace, his chin over her head, with his eyes closed, and a smile on his lips.

Just like he used to hug her, he used to hold her close just like this, he used to say that he only finds peace in her arms, whenever he hug her. He used to say, her smile takes away his tiredness. He used to say, he's nothing without her, that he cannot live without her.

Look at him now, how easily his priorities got changed. How easily he found peace in some other one's arms.

Wiping the tear, she went inside.

Misunderstandings, sometimes they're just tiny tots, but these tiny tots hold the audacity to destroy everything in just a go and it doesn't give us a second thought.

______________________________

"Won't you make cupcakes for me this time also?" Kartik asked Naira who was drinking water in kitchen, his voice was anything but sweet.

"No, I used to make cupcakes for the person I loved not the person I-

"You hate." With his heart, something broke in his eyes too.

She nodded, "You already know and besides it feels like you're really enjoying your life."

"Ofcourse I've to enjoy, I can't just stop my life because of one bad past experience."

His statement broke her heart into bits that even she tries still can't pick them up.

A bad past experience? How come their love just be a experience for him?

"Feeling is mutual." With this she left the kitchen.

He stared her, until she disappeared just like his happiness disappeared somewhere when she was gone, just like his peace disappeared with her fading figure.

Little did she know, she just didn't leave him, but took his life, his heart with him.

She was the rhythm of his heartbeat, how would a heart beat without its rhythm?

That seemed impossible, well it was impossible.

________________________________

It was a fine night that had nothing fine at all.

Kartik went to his room, and saw Naira doing her night routine.

He went towards dressing table and took off  his watch, she was sitting on stool while he was standing, infront of mirror.

As he put his watch down, his eyes fell on the pendant that was lying there on table.

"This pendant, I gave it, right?"

"Yeah, on our wedding night." He smiled.

"You still didn't miss a chance fighting with me."

"Excuse me when did I fight with you."

"Oh do I have to remind you, mil ke circus mein jaana?" He teased and she laughed remembering the most special night of her life. 

Aur tum jungli bandar ho. Tum yahan kya kr rahy ho? Tumhe toh circus mein hona chaiye.

Dono sath mein circus krein gy, what say?

They laughed remembering the good days, first time in these 6 months, they both laughed a genuine laugh, and the reason was each other.

______________________________________

Here it is.