9.

The clock striked 3 in the morning, he still wasn't back.

She tried calling Aisha, but she didn't pick up.

God knows, where he was!

The door opened crack.

She looked at him, he stumbled on his steps as he entered the room.

He was drunk!

"Oh god, Kartik, where were you?" She asked running towards him.

"You care? Hm? Do you?" He stumbled again on his steps she tried holding his hand but he jerked it off.

"You need to sleep."

"Will you believe me if I say I haven't slept since long?" Came a whisper. "Naira, I'm tired. I'm tired, please. I need peace." His voice broke down.

"You know, since the day you left me. I forgot how its like to be happy, I forgot how its like to be at peace." She only listened to him.

"Why? Why you left me?" His tears were breaking her within.

"You, she sniffed, "told me to go."

"Kabhi meri baat nahi maanti thi, iss baar kyu maani? Kyun chali gayi?" He cupped her face as he said.

"Pata tha na tumhe, mujhe saans nahi aata tumhare baghair, phir bhi chali gayi?" He complained holding her close to him.

"I'm sorry. But I wasn't the only one at fault." She whispered back.

"Do you love me?" Her heart throbbed on his question as she looked into his eyes full of tears.

"I always did."

____________________________________

6 months back, it all happened.

Reason? It was nothing. One stopped talking, the other didn't try to talk or ask about reason.

One was hurt, the other was in pain. They kept it all hidden in them, and it came out as the volcano bursts and too intense that nothing was left behind.

He told her to leave, she left without waiting him to get hold onto himself.

He let go off her, she didn't try to make things work.

She left, his ego came in between he didn't stop her.

A mere misunderstanding, destroyed their lives.

______________________________________

Last chapter awaits.