Epilogue

The door made a cracking sound, as he entered the room. His heart ready to come out of his ribcage in any second, his feet, hands wobbling, ready to be frozen at any second.

He looked up,

Thud.

Thud.

But, the room was empty. She wasn't there.

He went in and sat on bed with a thud.

On the other side, she sat on the bench in the nearby park that was very much familiar to her.

Her eyes shining with crystal drops, ready to fall any moment.

Tujhe dekh na sake
Jo ankhein hain yeh num kyun
Paas hain nazron ke mere
Phir bhi durr kyun

"Haste hue bohot pyaare lagte ho tum"

A sigh, long sigh followed by trail of never ending tears escaped his eyes.

Thi khwahishein meri
Tujh se jo ab na rahi
Paas hai tu mere ban ke gair ajnabi

"Pata hai na, bohot khaas ho tum."

Her hand came up and covered her mouth as she cried, so hard.

Jaan jaan kehne walya
tu jaan hi leh gaya
Humsafar bulane walya
tu khud hi tehar gaya

He rubbed his eyes until it got red, but couldn't stop shedding tears, he coughed stopping himself not to scream but his hiccups still found a way to echo in the empty room.

______________________________

Kartik sat besides Naira, they both breathed in a long breathe.

He knew she would be here, and here she was.

She looked at him, nose red, eyes swollen and red, a messed state just like her.

He looked back at her, it took him back to that day where she let out her fears, her insecurities at the same place, where he promised her he would be there for her.

Promise?

His heart ached, he broke every promise, he broke her.

She kept looking at him, this man gave his everything to her. He gave up on everything, he made her his world. But what she did? Just once, when he needed to be understood, when he needed the comfort just like she needed so many times and every time he turned the world upside down just to make her feel good, and she left him.

His eyes leaked a tear, a tear dropped on her cheeks as well.

Guilt.

Shame.

Pain.

They both had in their eyes, and they could read it.

More silent tears escaped their eyes.

He pulled her closer to his chest, just like he did that past day.

But the difference was, before she was crying, now he was crying with her.

Her tears wetted his shirt, while his tears wetted her hairs.

They both cried for the lost love in the arms of their lover.

He pulled apart and faced her.

"Lets..lets go home." His voice cracked.

"I don't..don't have a home anymore." His heart broke.

"Even I don't have a home."

"Lie, you've that big fat house." She sniffed.

"You're my home." He whispered.

"I can't do this anymore, Kartik. Its hurting so much." She let it out, he listened.

"These past 6 months were hell for me. Not a day passed when I didn't think of you, not a second passed I didn't miss you. I was dead inside." At last, her head in her hands as she cried, while he weeped.

"Let me tell you how I felt, I hated everything since the day you left me. I hated smiling, because it was your smile I always wore. I hated sleeping, because your warmth was not there. I hated coming home, because it was just a four walled creep house without you." He let out what he left and this time she listened.

"Can't we just fix things? Lets only talk about anything, let's not argue about who was right and who was wrong. Lets just let it go. Because trust me if this time I let you go, my soul will leave me too." He told.

"What if we can't fix things? What if it can't go back to normal?"

He held her hands, "It may take time, but its not impossible. And do you think we would be okay without each other? No, right? Love can fix anything, and ask me I love you more than my life."

She closed her eyes and a few fresh tears leaked her eyes, he was fast enough to wipe them off.

"I'm s-

"No, stop right there. We won't go back there. We won't. We'll live in our present." He stopped her.

"I don't know, Kartik." She left his hold, and stood up.

He got up too.

"Don't know, what?"

He closed the distance and took her in his hug.

"I will fucking die without you and I'm so sure about this, I can't let you go, not again." He spoke as she once again cried in his arms.

"Promise me, it will be like before. Promise me, we'll be like before." She demanded.

"I promise."

_________________________________

Why? Expected a cliche long emotional epilogue with tons of sorry and begging and I love you's? Nah! This ain't the reality, you can't go back to where you were after hurting each other so bad, healing needs time.

Anyways,

How was the story?

This story is really close to my heart.

Do vote and comment.