7.

Bile raised up in her throat, she gulped controlling herself.

He closed his eyes, and took a deep breath, wanting to get rid of the dome of memories that were upon him as if its his home.

He turned to other side, and saw her back towards him.

She wasn't the same, she was wearing a loose kurta but she loathed such clothes, she would often argue how girls can wear such clothes at night, she used to wear loose baggy shirts.

They used to sleep in each other's arms, even at nights when she moved away to the other side he used to snake his arm around her waist to be close to her, he couldn't sleep without her body warmth against him.

Now when the cold air brushes against his body every night, he can't help but shiver even all the layers of clothing, the heat of blankets can't get him the warmth her body used to provide him, the warmth that her eyes used to provide him, that warmth that her smile used to provide him.

He had already told her that whenever he'll come back from work, the only thing he would want to see was her face, her smile, the sole reason of his existence. And now he wonder how he's existing without his existence? Its like breathing without air, cause she was his air, heart beating without its rhythm, cause she was the beat to his heart.

A tear escaped her eyes, that after touching the tip of her nose straight went down, absorbing in sheets. She clutched the pillow, just the same way she used to clutch his shirt. Her hands are itching, her heart is craving to clutch his shirt the same way she used to.

He used to tease her always whenever in midnight she left her side of bed and layed on him. She was a messy sleeper, she often kicked him, at once she hit his nose that it started bleeding, and the next day she went farther away not to hurt him this time during her sleep, but he tugged her closer on him, he knew she can't sleep without his warmth, he knew he was her bed and he often made fun of her.

She has lost his warmth, she has lost the sense of security she used to feel when she was with him. Whenever some problem arised, whether she couldn't cross the level of the new game on her phone whether she couldn't make perfect cupcakes for him whether she couldn't find her favorite dress whether she messed up the cupboard, she always ran to him, and he always held her.

Those were the small problems, now when her heart's pained, now when she feels suffocated, now when she cries, he's never there, he's never there to hold her.

Instead of asking him, she asked herself, if he couldn't fulfil then why did he promise her a forever?

Love is pain, they admitted.

____________________________________

"Naira, wear this saree. You'll look so pretty, trust me." Swarna said as she passed her the green net saree.

Naira smiled and took the saree, "What is it for?"

"We've to go to a business meeting in evening. I hope you've no objection." Manish stated.

"No. I'm fine with it, I'll go with you." Naira replied, Manish caressed her head.

____________________________________

"Where's Naira?" Swarna asked Gayu, as everyone was ready to go except Naira.

"There she is." Gayu pointed at her, she was coming from backside after locking the door.

Kartik eyes moved to her coming figure, dressed in chiffon saree, she was looking sinfully beautiful. Her waist was on display, his eyes stick there and moved up but the dress wasn't helping hiding her charms. Or maybe it was his eyes.

Naira looked at Kartik, their eyes locked for a moment. The voices of their family disturbed them and they went outside. 

Naira sat in Rohan's car with Gayu. And for the fact, it bothered Kartik.

Soon, they reached the venue. Naira helped Gayu in getting out of car, she smiled at her visible baby bump.

Naira was with Gayu all the time, while Kartik's eyes didn't leave her for even a second, he was drinking in her beauty.

"Kartik, go dance with Naira. Everyone is looking at you both." Dadi whispered, but it was audible to Naira.

He smirked looking at her expressions, she wasn't pleased with the idea of her dancing with him, but it was all Kartik wanted that moment.

He walked to her and offered his hand, she looked at his hand.

A bunch of memories, several waves of emotions shook them.

She shivered, but slowly held out her hand and put in his.

A current passed through both of them, after whole 6 months that was nothing less but ages to them, they held each other's hands.

He slowly laced his fingers with hers, as if he has the all time in this world.

Their breathings were harsh, their eyes not leaving each other's hands that were now moulding into each other.

He couldn't, he just couldn't.

They both left each other's hands at the same time, Kartik ran to the bar, while Naira went outside to get fresh air.

Their family sighed, they knew the reality.

Kartik stood there drinking water, calming the inside fire of his heart fearing his soul might burn with the intensity.

When she felt herself stabled, she went inside.

___________________________________

Cigarette after cigarette, he smoked. Aisha was sitting besides him as always, watching his misery.

"Aise khudko takleef dene se acha hai ke usko bhool jao," She said.

He let out a dry, empty chuckle.

"Kehtein hain bhool jao, bhool jao usse jo mere dil mein rehta nahi balke mera dil hi woh hai. Phir uss dil ko mere seene se nikal ke poochtein hain ke takleef mein ho?" He laughed out as trail of tears leaked from his eyes.

A tear even leaked Aisha's eyes, she knew his true identity when the dark clouds covered the sky.

___________________________________

Okay so I was reading the love of mine, and after reading a few chapters I cringed so hard, lmao what even my writing style was then.

Anway coming to the chapter, trust me it took alot of time and thinking to write down this chapter.