Chapter 4: The Meeting

Zander's POV

The information that was spewing from this bloodsucker's mouth was beyond outrageous.

"You are her mate, you were supposed to protect her, you motherfucker! I should have never allowed her to leave with you!" I slammed my fists down hard on my desk.

Dimitri gave me an incredulous look. That asshole seemed so calculated and composed. He had his legs crossed, one hand on the armrest and the other clutching his chin. His icy dead eyes could send chills up a snowman's spine.

"Look, Zander, " he practically choked as he spoke my name. "I had merely come here because the note I obtained from Zoey had your name written on it. I am just here on these lands to pass on that insignificant detail out of respect for my mate."

How dare he refer to my sister as his mate? Yes, he is her mate but a vampire is not the most loyal of supernatural creatures. They cheat, scheme and lie. They don't know how to be faithful to one partner.

"You dirty undead piece of shit! How many people have you fucked since you thought my sister died? Huh? How many? I bet they're in the hundreds. I never want you to refer to her as your mate, ever again. YOU GOT THAT BLOODSUCKER!" I was spiralling out of control. I needed to calm down, and I needed to do so quickly.

"Kitten, I need you," I reached out through the mind-link.

"Zander! What's wrong?" she sounded like she had just woken up? The melody of her voice was already soothing me. Gidian was purring in my head.

"Nothing, Kitten, I just needed to hear your voice," I sighed.

"I can feel your anger Zander, don't lie to me. Where are you right now?"

Shit! This damn cosmic bond is a blessing, but it can also be a curse. Now it's going to be difficult keeping things from her. "Ah, I'm in the study conducting a meeting with Dimitri."

"I'll be there in 5 minutes."

"Kitten, you don't have to do that. Kitten?...Kitten?"

"HAZEL?... SHIT," I said out loud.

"Trouble with the misses?" Dimitri cocked an eyebrow at me.

"That's none of your fucking business BLOODSUCKER!"

"You're such an irritable man, or is it just a wolf thing?" He stated, shifting in his seat.

This fucker was analyzing me and I hated it.

"So... is fucking on your mate a vampire thing?" I fired back.

He grunted and his eyes went blood-red. "I will have you know, POOCH, that I have never cheated on Zoey...," his eyes went back to brown, and he relaxed in the chair, he had a nasty smile plastered on his face. "Well, if you count snogging as cheating... Then I am guilty of that," he uncrossed his legs and snickered.

What the fuck did he mean by snogging?

"Fuck! I don't own a manual on British lingo? What the hell did you mean by that."

He scrutinized me some more, he had a jaded expression on his face, "Let's just move on to a more pressing matter, shall we?" He waved me off like I was a common housefly.

I could feel Hazel's pulse pounding in her chest. She was near, and she was so nervous about something. I could tell she was fidgeting with her fingers and I could feel her temperature rising. Her behaviour was making Gidian and me crazy. I wondered why she was so disturbed.

Hazel's POV

Zander in a room, that's fine. Dimitri in a room, ok that's also fine. But Zander and Dimitri, ALONE, in a room, is just a fucking disaster waiting to happen. I hastened to the study as quickly as my feet could take me.