Chapter 6: El Capitan James

Hazel's POV

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I did not know what to think.

Could this person truly be my dad and if so, where the fuck had he been all these years?

I bit on my nails and paced around the study.

"Hazel, calm down. Please don't stress yourself. Let me handle this. I will go and meet this El Capitan James," Zander spoke with uncertainty. He did not believe that this person was my dad.

But I needed to do this myself. "Zander, I really need to do this. I have to see this man for myself."

Zander tried to argue with me, but I was not letting up. "Kitten, what if it's a trick or what if it's..."

"Or what if it's him?" I interjected. His eyes soften, and then he took my hands in his and kissed my knuckles.

"Ok, but if this person is not your dad, then I will kill him, do you understand?" Zander's voice was stern and calm. I knew he spoke the truth. I did not know if I agreed with him or not, but I knew that if this person was not my dad, then he'd have to pay for not only messing with my head but my heart.

"Ok, let's do this," I sighed. Zander kissed my knuckles once more, then lead me down the stairs.

The closer I got to the first floor, the more my body shook from nervousness. My limbs trembled like leaves on a tree. Zander tightened his hold around my waist and kissed my temple. "I'm right here, Kitten." I took a long breath and gave him a weak smile.

We were on the bottom of the stairs when I felt Zander's body tense. His grip got uncomfortable as I felt his fingers digging in my side. Blackness took over his mint-green orbs, and he began to grunt like the beast he was. His breathing became intense and his canines were sharpened to a point. "What is it, Zander?" I questioned him. His eyes scanned the area as if looking for a threat. He began to sniff the air as if he smelt danger.

"I smell something strange," he said gruffly. He pulled me along towards the door to the room where my guest was waiting. Zander placed his free hand on the door, and he took a deep whiff. "The smell is coming from inside."

"What is it?" The suspense was killing me. Zander looked at me, I could tell he knew what the smell was, but he just didn't want to reveal it to me.

We heard a loud crash coming from the other side of the door. "What the fuck!" Zander grunted. He glanced at me again, but I knew what he was going to say, and I was not in the mood to hear it.

"The answer is NO, Zander, I'm not staying here while you go and check inside," I smirked.

"Fucking cosmic bond, " he mumbled. "Ok, Kitten, but stay behind me, " he warned and I nodded my head in reply.

Zander twisted the knob and pushed the door open.

The first thing I noticed were two bodies wrestling on the floor next to a broken glass table. That was the noise we heard earlier and then I met with the owner of dark brown eyes. The shirtless man made his way over to me and Zander growled when he outstretched his hand and made his introduction. " I am Alpha Ushi Wu from the Polar Moon pack, " I shook his hand. His muscles flexed and his beautiful golden skin glistened naturally. He bowed and outstretched his arm once more for Zander to shake. Zander just looked at the hand in scorn.

"What are you doing on my territories without an invitation?" Zander didn't like wolves showing up without his permission.

"I take it you are Alpha Zander Knight, the demon wolf and this must be your Luna, Hazel. We have heard great things about you two, " he bowed once more. "I am just here to accompany a friend who is seeking answers about his past."