Eighteen

I've been jumpy.

It's been two days since my interaction with Rogue, and I swear, all the interaction had done was make it larger than life, invading my thoughts and sending me into a panic mode. He didn't make a threat. He made a promise. A promise of invasion. He promised to be my shadow. I didn't take it lightly. I might not know who he was, but I knew what he was capable of.

I wanted to forget. It was so hard to forget something like that. All this time I thought he hadn't reached out to me because we had said our goodbyes and there was no need to see each other again, but I was wrong. He hadn't forgotten about me. He was giving me three months of peace before he would wreak havoc.

Tuesday was starting to look chaotic. Even though I wasn't on the Sinclair and Mogue's project, Robert had to make sure I was at the final meeting. After months, both companies were ready to launch their collaboration. What was left was how to plan for the photoshoot and runway for the lingerie line, which, in my opinion, were the best lingerie line I had ever seen. I wanted to wear it. It was sexy and unique. The team that handled the project did better than I would have, to be honest.

"What are your plans for tonight? Are you seeing West?"

It took me a moment to register the questions were for me. We were in the boardroom along with a few others, waiting for the meeting to start as we went over the new concepts we had, comparing them with the old ones.

I glanced up at Hanna. It had been two days since my date with West, and we haven't had time for another one. "No, but I have a date with my tv." Everyone was engrossed in their work. It was just the two of us talking.

Hanna stared at me with a grin. "Is this your way of inviting me over?"

"You can come, but we won't watch your shitty movies. Never again." I glanced away briefly to catch the remaining discussion in the boardroom. I was scared for her to come to my flat, mainly because I had no idea when Rogue might drop by. Anything was possible for him. It made me fall asleep with the thoughts that tormented me.

I didn't want her to know something was going on between us. To her, I had never spoken to him. For Hanna to know that I knew Rogue and had kissed him, lived with him, and dreamt about him when I knew what he was, it would sound chaotic. I wouldn't have an explanation for her questions.

"You act like you suffer through them but secretly, you enjoy them."

I snorted.

"Maybe we should get drinks?" she suggested. "Invite a few girls?"

"I don't have anyone to invite. They're all your friends." Strangely enough, making a lot of friends hadn't been on my mind ever since I started to live here.

"Maybe this is the time to make new friends? You only have me as a friend."

"I have Fallon, and Erica qualifies as a friend," I countered, running a hand over my hair.

Hanna scoffed, staring at me with a look of complete and utter amusement. "You're Fallon's support group and Erica is a co-worker. You don't even ask her out, and she's probably dying for you to do so, but you don't want to make friends."

"It's not like I don't want to make friends..."

"Then, what is it?"

"Your friends intimidate me."

She gave me a disbelief look. "You? Be intimidated? I saw you almost punch a guy who was thrice your size and had the muscles. You faced Fallon's mum, and just to prove a point, you went out of your way to call out our biggest and dickest client—"