synopsis

ִֶָ 𓂃⊹ ִֶָ
loving people in a broken world is more dangerous than living in it
she just couldn't stop herself from loving him
ִֶָ 𓂃⊹ ִֶָ

-synopsis-

elizabeth jade horvath, better known as jade, lived a life that she absolutely treasured. she had amazing friends, a job she excelled at, an amazing family. the girl had always lived in a small city near the outskirts of atlanta in a small home with her adopted father, older brother, nicholas, and young niece theodora. jade had a steady job as a mechanic, mostly working on vehicles in a small shop her and father owned together, with a few runs into the city for little jobs here and there.  she had always been a sweet girl, despite her tough exterior. but when the apocalypse struck, her friends were gone, her home destroyed, her life ruined.

despite the impending doom those who survived faced, the brunette found a community. the safest place she had since the outbreak where she could live the most normal life she could amidst the dead that now roamed the world. her new group quickly became a family to her, jade cared for each of them as they all tried to live whilst holding on to the shreds left of who they were.

jade had to change for the better of her new family, becoming a somewhat leader throughout the group. she would organize the runs into the city, having known most of the city like the back of her hand due to her job as a mechanic, having to travel throughout the area as she was needed. those in the group needed someone to look to when the needed answers, and for unknown reasons they began to look to jade. so, she gave them the answers they were looking for.

but when she encounters a reckless pizza-boy while alone on a run, her small world got turned upside down. the tough exterior she had tried her hardest to create was broken down by the boy as he made his way into her heart, despite how hard she tried to ignore it.

deep down she didn't want to ignore it, the boy fed her happiness, made her feel safe, made her forget all she had been through in the brief time they would spend together. deep down she knew, she was succumb to her feelings for the boy.

-cast-

Elizabeth Jade Horvath
played by
Lindsey Morgan

Elizabeth Jade Horvathplayed byLindsey Morgan

"i'm going to smack you if you don't shut up."

Nicholas David Horvath
played as
Bob Morley

"i'm starting to think you like being away from us liz

"i'm starting to think you like being away from us liz."

Younger Theodora Faye Horvath
played by
Summer Fontana

"aunt jade, do you think santa made it through this?"

and

Older Theodora Faye Horvath
played by
Danielle Rose Russell

Older Theodora Faye Horvathplayed byDanielle Rose Russell

"you were always there for me. more than anyone else"

-disclaimers! *please read!!*

i, sadly, do not own the walking dead, if i did (SPOILER ALERT) glenn never would've died. i only own elizabeth, nicholas, and theodora and their respective plotlines. this book will feature gore, strong language, anxiety, depression, self-harm, suicide, alcohol and drug use, as well as mentions of miscarriages and bullying, as well as other dark themes. so please read at your own discretion and stop here if you could possibly be triggered by any of these things!

- march 8th, 2022 - hello all!! this a little authors note to say that when i started this fic i was very indecisive lol, and couldnt decide if i wanted dale to be jade and nick's dad or grandad. he is their dad, just as a clarification! i just missed a couple spots where it still corresponded with him being their grandfather. he is their dad, im just dumb and missed a few places, haha.

- april 26th, 2022 - hello!! i am currently changing the faceclaim for nicholas, jade/elizabeth's brother. if you would like to continue to picture him as adam micheal rodriguez (his previous casting) continue doing so! i just feel that his age range is off for the character, so his casting is officially changed too bob morely *in the early 'the 100' days*, who i believe fits better in the 24-26 year old age range.
i have also changed theodora to summer fontana/danielle rose russel, as i think she fits better to how im planning out her character :) hope you're all having a great day, love y'all!!

- may 9th, 2022 - hello!! i have been getting lots of comments/concerns about plot holes/confusion regarding ages and relationships and such. mostly because the first few chapters of this book are kind of a shit show, *i do promise that they get better and i am in the process of reworking them!!*
so the family tree, dale is adopted father of nicholas and jade
in seasons 1 & 2 nick is about 26 , jade is 21/22, and theodora is 11/12. nick had theodora when he was around 16 years old, and nick is the older sibling. please let me know if you see anything confusing that is not addressed
love y'all!!

-note
here's a giant thank you to one of my best friends for helping me figure out a lot of things while starting this book, love you babes >3. the chapters with mentions of self-harm and suicide will have warnings in the beginning of the chapters if you chose to continue reading and my possibly be triggered.