The Memory Garden

Third person's POV

It wasn't until the next Hogsmead evening that Harry was finally free, he decided to not bring the twins with him this time. He needed to settle this by himself and being Weasleys, they are a bit on the poor side, not to mention their pride isn't doing much good.

However much they may try to hide it, they would probably feel jealous or at least envy Harry a little bit for being, technically, the wealthiest underage wizard teen in the wizarding world.

So yeah, Harry decided against bringing them along. On the bright side, he might be getting his blocks off today, it really depends on how much time he has and how long it would take to settle his vaults issue. Not to mention, he has been well informed of how painful the removals of those might be.

'So hurrah, more pain. Just what I need today,' Harry thought to himself wryly.

The dark-haired, practically millionaire (Or was it trillionaire? He didn't know.) wizard teen quickened his pace to the Shrieking Shack, pulling his scarf over his red, stinging-from-the-icy-wind nose.

Harry's POV

Safely in the privacy of the shack, I felt my numb face with my cold-to-the-bone fingers.I winced, and breathed some hot breath onto my frozen hands. I rubbed them together to cause friction and thus, warmth.

Reaching into my rather patched up winter cloak pocket, I pulled out the letter and absent-mindedly making a mental note to buy a whole new wardrobe, at least better quality winter clothes that can actually provide some warmth.

I held the letter, as I had burnt the envelope days ago, since it was the letter that was the portkey, not the envelope, which was pretty much useless and only there to be a give-away if someone managed to get their hands on it.

I held my breath, mentally readying myself for the unpleasant sensation of portkeys, I muttered the trigger word of the portkey, "Money."

I felt the familiar tug behind the navel, and I was whisked away to Gringotts.

Gringotts

I groaned as I was spat into existence right in the middle of Ragnok's office, feeling dizzy and nauseous. Straightening, I quickly shook off the feeling.

I blinked, my eyes finding the Goblin who owned the office. Ragnok. I could see him laughing under that nose of his, eyes narrowing, I glared at him. He raised an eyebrow and gestured for me to sit down, I relunctantly obliged.

I dumped myself unceremoniously on the chair, not feeling very amiable today, scowling at no one in particular.

Ragnok sighed, before going to 'This is serious business' mode, speaking clearly and straight to the point, "Dumbledore has been messing with your vaults and, as you already know, withdrew a lot of money," he waited for Harry to confirm this. The raven-haired teen glowered at him but nodded and mumbled a small, "Yes."

Ragnok shuffled through some official-looking papers before saying, "The withdrawels also included some ancient books of long-forgotten rituals and yada-yada, to a Hermione Jean Granger, loads of Galleons, Sickles and Knuts to Mrs and Mr Weasley's private vault, more money to Dumbledore and his order of roasted chicken........ Yada yada and all that glam........" The Goblin started slipping from business mode, and pretty much started angrily ranting to himself about Dumbledore and his slight to the Goblin nation.

It effectively brought a small grin onto my previously glum face, I mused "Is ranting really the reason you wanted me to come here, Ragnok? Really?"

That jolted Ragnok out of mid-rant, he was flustered for a while, before collecting himself and moving on as if it never happened. I managed to keep the laughter bubbling from me down, smirking at the Goblin instead. Ragnok scowled.