Chapter Twelve

Zoë felt herself being pulled up, and she gasped as pain shot through her body. She heard a scream of rage and her face got hot again as another bomb tore through the building, fires erupting behind her and Luke as he weakly carried her out.

"It's okay, Zoë. You're going to be fine. Leo's just taking care of the monsters." Luke told her, walking towards the doorway. Zoë coughed, blood splattered over Luke's arms, he ignored it, and Zoë wilted on his arms, her strength diminishing.

She felt someone dash past her and leap through the doorway, and a quick mutter from Luke let her realize it was just Leo, dashing to escape the explosion he just set off.

Luke stumbled out of the building, his foot hit the first step, as the final explosion blasted him and Zoë forward, along with several bricks and chunks of stone.Zoë let out a guttural scream as she flew through the air, burning like a comet, before she cried out in pain, hitting the pavement.

"Luke!" Thalia screamed, "Luk--" Thalia's screamed flaltered as she was knocked flat on her back, by the dead body of her boyfriend, and her shouts turned into heart wrenching sobs.

"Luke!" She sobbed, her cries echoing in the explosion. Zoë felt someone grip her hand gently.

"Ssh, it's okay Zoë, don't cry, you're going to be fine." Bianca hushed,, Zoë didn't even realize the hot tears sliding down her face, but she felt Bianca brush them away and squeeze her hand gently.

"Luke..." She wheezed. "He...Died?"

"Yeah." Bianca sniffed, "The explosion blasted you both forward and he took most of the blow, then slammed into Thalia. He was dead before he touched the ground. But don't worry." Bianca's tone suddenly got firm, "You won't be joining him anytime soon. We called an ambulance, and you'll be fine."

Zoë erupt in another cough, her hand stained red with blood, as it lay on her gushing wound. The back of her head was sticky with blood, and her consciousness felt loose, like a child letting go of a helium balloon. Someone else sat on Zoë's other side, giving her hand a gentle squeeze, and brushing hair out of her eye.

"Don't worry Zoë." Calypso whispwred, "Mom is not gonna get me back only to loose you."

"It...Hurts..." Zoë choked, tightening her grip on Bianca and Calypsos hands.

"I know, I know. It's okay, don't worry... Focus on something else... Like the stars--aren't they beautiful tonight? " Calypso squeezed her hand again, "You'll be up there some day, I promise."

"The.. Stars..." Zoë cried weakly, her voice just above a whisper, "I... Can't... See... The... Stars..." Thalia's sobs subsided as a loud buzzing filled her head.

"Thalia, All of you, come here." Bianca said in a carrying whisper, "Tell Zoë she's just being silly, she'll be able to see the stars again. One day she'll even be amongst them." They shuffled over and Zoë felt hands ruffling her hair, rubbing her forehead, and resting ontop of he bloody wound, muttering how she's going to be fine, how brave she is, and how she is going to dance amongst the stars.

Zoë hacked again, wheezing, she felt someone fun their fingers over her eyes. She opened them, and as expected black, then it got lighter until she saw seven heads hovering above her. Zoë coughed again, her body shaking and shivering. Zoë's grip on Bianca and Calypso started to lessen and she began to hear sirens in the distance. But Zoë's gaze was focused on above her friends, and she managed to stutter.

"The... The... Stars..." She choked, "I... Can... See... The...Stars...Again..." A tear rolled down her cheek, and Zoë's body shook and convulsed before her body went limp, her heart beat silent.

The seven gathered around her bowed there heads in sorrow, tears slipping down there faces, as Zoë's eyes became mirrors, forever reflecting the stars.

____

HI!

So yeah, I killed Zoë and Luke, thanks to Greenninjagal for the idea of his body hitting Thalia.

Anyways there's the EPILOUGE and then I'm gonna tell you guys about ANOTHER AU story I'm writing for you guys.

-Twily