06

06,
Still beating,

You stare in shock at the man in front of you, you had separated yourself from Ushijima a while ago after telling him you'd use the restroom—you hadn't expected to cross paths with Sakusa. You thought it was still too early for you to see him again—even though you'd seen him a few months back, this was different because this time, you didn't have anyone by your side to help your poor heart relax.

"You're here.." Sakusa stared at you, you couldn't exactly answer him since he practically knocked the wind out of your system after approaching you, you couldn't help but want to cry at the look he was giving you. He looked at you with utter disgust, just like last time. You prayed for someone you knew to come and help you get away from him, but apparently god hated you cause he sent not a single soul to help you.

You were on your own for this one.

"I see you move on fast, not that I mind cause I do too, but I thought you'd end up with the setter, you know, since you cheated on me with him. Was he not enough for you, too?" Sakusa blurt out, he almost immediately regret saying that after seeing your eyes water in the slightest, but he didn't take his words back. He refused to.

"Move on fast? I'm not with anyone right now.." You didn't know why you answered him since you owe him nothing, but you guessed it was because your heart still beats for him. He had always had that over your poor heart and you hated it. "Tell me, do you lie to anyone you meet?" Sakusa rose his eyebrows and stared at you, you could've sworn he was judging you.

"Excuse me?" Your eyes widen, your breathing almost went out of control if it weren't for the stress ball you had in your pocket, you counted from 1-10 in your head and stared at him, confused. "If I could avoid it, I would not talk to you, but it seems like fate isn't on my side, but I just wanted to remind you..I hate you, L/n. Is that fine with you?" He mocks you.

As much as you hated appearing weak to those that didn't deserve to see you in such a state, you couldn't help the tears that fell down your beautiful S/C skin and because of your blurry vision, you failed to see Sakusa's eyes widen. His words hurt like hell and you hated that they did. They still had that stupid power over you and you despised it.

It didn't seem like Sakusa would take his words back, however, and that made you frown. "It's fine with me, I don't care about you after all, huh?" You crack a smile despite the feeling of hurt you felt at the moment—Sakusa wondered if you meant what you said because he sure as hell didn't.

He didn't mean to make you cry, he's seeing tears in your eyes, and it pains his heart to see you hold back your tears. He wore his own heart on his sleeve and deeply wished that you could see how much he didn't mean to say such rude things to you, but you couldn't see it. He wanted to tell you that he cried about you, too and that you better believe it, but he couldn't.

His heart still beats for you and even though you can't see or feel it, he never thought it'd continue to feel this way for you. His own heart shattered after hearing you say that you don't care for him—he knew it was more of a rhetorical question, but it somehow still managed to get under his nerves.

"Okay then, that's it, I guess. Live a long life."

___

After composing yourself and fixing your downcast-attitude, you joined Ushijima after spotting him talking to a blonde man. "You're back, N/n. Do you remember Miya Atsumu? His brother is here too, but he's apparently over at the food stall. Are you okay?" Ushijima whispered the last question in your ear after seeing the small change in attitude you had.