Alex Bowman

Taylor's  POV

      I'm a travel nurse that works for Nascar in the infield care center for all the tracks. My job is to evaluate the drivers that get into a wreck and to make sure that they don't need to go to the hospital. I also evaluate anyone that gets hurt on the track. I love my job. 

    I have a little confession, I have a HUGE crush on the #88 driver Alex Bowman. I'm best friends with his team mate Chase Elliot. We all hangout together all the time but, I never have the guts to ask him out. Chase knows this and he picks on me all the time. Our relationship is like a brother/sister type thing. At the moment I am in the infield care center getting everything ready for tomorrows race. This week its in Concord, NC at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Its my favorite track to watch. But its in the middle of summer so its going to be hot as hell. So its a good chance that a lot of drivers will overheat in their cars. Some might even pass out.

   I have my back to the door doing inventory and all of the sudden I feel like there is someone trying to sneak up behind me. Chase always tries to scare me.  So I look up a little because there is a little mirror up on the wall and, I see that it is Chase. He doesn't realize that I know he is behind me so without turning around I say" William Clyde don't you even dare!!!" 

   "Damn it you always to do that!! How do you even know all the time?" "Because Clyde you aren't that quiet and plus I looked in the mirror" I say and laughed a little.  "Oh. Anyway what are you doing tonight??" 

    " Nothing that I know of. I just planned on going home and watching Criminal Minds. Why??" "Because the boys and I plan on having a little bonfire tonight to relax before the race tomorrow. Do you want to come" "Who's all going??" " Bowman, Bryon, Blaney, Bubba, and their girlfriends. maybe some other friends" He says 

   " Oh ok. yeah I guess I can. I mean I don't have anything else to do" " Ok I'll pick you up at 6" "ok I am almost done here and then I will be on my way home" "ok see you later" He says and hugs me and walks away to finish whatever he has to do in the garage.  I finish everything that has to be done and I walk out to my car.

   When I get to my car I hear my name being called from behind me. I turn around and see that it is Alex calling me "Hey Taylor you going tonight" " Yeah I am. Chase invited me to go" " Good! I see you there" " Yeah I will see you there" I say as I watch him turn around and walk away. I get into my car and start the 30 minute drive home.  

   Once I get home I go straight to the shower and start getting ready for tonight sense it is already 4:30. I get out of the shower and blow dry my hair and curl it and do a natural makeup look. Then I go into my closest to look for something to wear. I decide to wear a pair of jean shorts  with a black top and I decide to wear a grey cardigan to go over in case I get cold. And I that with my pair of white converse. By the time I'm done getting ready its already 5:55. So i grab my purse and phone and go wait on my front porch for Chase. Which I don't have to wait for long because as I step outside and close and lock my door he is pulling in my drive way. I jump in the passenger seat of his truck and we are on the way to Ryan's house where the bonfire is going to be at. When we get there I see that we are the last ones to arrive. 

   We have been here for a little and somehow I ended up being by myself. Clyde was playing beer pong with Bubba, Will, and Ryan. With everyone else. I was just sitting by the fire by myself. That was until Alex decided to come sit with me. "What are you doing sitting by your self" Alex asked me. " I don't know. I just didn't want to be a party pooper because I'm not drinking."

  "You could never be a party pooper. I enjoy your company sober or not" " That's sweet Alex. Thanks"

   " So what are you doing after the race tomorrow ?" " probably going home. Unless you had something in mind?" I had said. I have no idea were this confidence had come from because I was completely sober. But I kind of like it. 

" Well I was thinking we could go out to dinner or something?" " Are you asking me out on a date Mr.Bowman ?" 

" So what if I was. What would you say?" " I would say yes and that I can't wait until tomorrow night"  " Good I'll pick you up at 9" " Sounds good". 

  After he asked me out we just sat and talked by the fire all night. It was like we was in our own little world. That was until Chase decided he wanted to to play bowling ball and roll him self into Ryan's yard right into a tree. " I think it's time for Chase to go home. I'll talk to you tomorrow?"  " Yeah most definitely. I'll help you get him into the truck" "Thanks".

It took us 20 minutes to get Chase into the truck. Its a good thing the race is in the afternoon. 

----------------------------------------------AFTER THE RACE------------------------------------------------------------

The race has just finished and there was a couple of wrecks. Nothing to serious. Now I'm just worried about the drivers getting out of the cars and passing out. I'm sitting at the counter in the infield care center watching the tv and the camera pears over to Alex and he is sitting on the ground beside his car and he is not looking good. Then Bubba comes out of nowhere and throws water in his face. Because of something that happen during the race. 

  They finally bring Alex to the center and I'm the first on to him. "How you feeling Alex?" "Hot. I feel very hot." "Ok let me get your vitals and then we will go from there." I say.

  I get everything I need and put it into the system and then the doctor goes to see him and he orders an IV fluids So I go and do that. "I guess we are going to have to get a rain check on our date" I say " Yeah I guess. Or we can just sitting at my house and have take out and watch a movie" " That sounds good to me" "Great. Now when can I get out of here??" " When ever you finish the IV bag." " Ok" He says

   Its been a couple of hours after the race now and Alex was release from the care center an 2 hours ago and I'm just now leaving work. I get to my car and see a Sticky note on my window. It say "Can't wait for our date. see you later -Alex " . That is the cutest thing ever. I get into my car and go home to shower and change into some leggings and a vintage Dale Earnhardt shirt and my Birkenstocks. Now I'm on my way to Alex's house. 

  I pull into his drive way and I text him that I'm here and he texts me back instantly that the door is unlock to come right on in. I get out of my car and go inside. When I close the door I turn around and get tackled but two dogs. " Hey guys miss me. I miss you." "Roscoe, Finn off" Alex calls for them and helps me up. " sorry about them I guess they missed you." " Yeah I guess they did. How are you feeling" "I feel better" "That's good. " "Yeah. I just order a pizza. Hope that is ok" " Yeah that's great." 

   As we wait for the pizza we talk and laugh about anything and everything. When the pizza arrives  Alex goes and gets it. When he comes back we decide on what to watch. We decide to watch Talladega Nights my favorite movie.  I don't think we even paid attention to the movie that much we just talked. It was 11 o'clock by the time we realized the movie had been over. "well I guess I should be going home." I say "Yeah I guess. I had a good time" "yeah me to" "I have a question" " Yeah what is it." "Taylor Mae Carter will you be my girlfriend" he asks me. "Yes Alexander Michael Bowman I will be your girlfriend". The next thing I know he kisses me in the most passionate kiss I've experienced in my life. And I can't wait for more.