1: Moving in

Y/n's pov

I had just moved to Utah at the end of the school year, along with my dad, my new stepmom, and my new stepbrother Scotty, or as I called him: Smalls.

My new stepmom was really nice, and so was Smalls. So the two of us instantly got along.

After I had unpacked my stuff from the moving van, I went upstairs and knocked on Smalls' door.

"Hi, Y/n. What-" he started to say, but I cut him off by asking,"You wanna go bike riding?"

"Yeah!" He said excitedly.

"Going biking, be back soon!" I called to my dad.

We rode down the street together, and I looked back at my new house for a second before hearing Smalls shout, "Y/n! Lookout!"

I quickly looked back to see a boy on a bike coming towards me, and the next thing I knew, the boy and I were both crashing to the ground, the boy landing on top of me, pinning you to the ground in an uncomfortable struggle.

He quickly got off of me and stood up, helping me up as well.

I had a scraped elbow, but nothing more.

Suddenly, Smalls came running towards me.

"Holy! Y/n! Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, I just scraped my elbow." I said. Then I heard another voice.

"Sorry about that. I'm Alan McClennan, but everyone just calls me yeah yeah." The boy said.

"I'm Y/n, and this is Smalls-er, Scotty." I introduced.

"Well, I gotta go. See you around." He picked up his bike and rode off.

"We should go see were he goes!" Smalls said.

"Are you crazy? And follow him? He's gonna think we're lunatics!" I objected.

"Since when do you care about what other people think of you?" He snapped back.

"Since now." I said, calming down. "This is a new town, which means a fresh start for us. An opportunity to make new friends. Friends who don't think we're insane." I explained.

"Okay." Smalls agreed, and we headed back home.

——

The next morning, I woke up to someone violently shaking me.

I sighed and slowly opened my eyes.

"Y/n! You're finally awake!" Smalls said.

"Why're you so excited?" I grumbled back.

"Well, I'm gonna follow that yeah yeah kid, and I figured you maybe wanted to come." He said.

"Fine." I sighed, and got up.

Smalls left my room and I put on a white tank top, a navy blue and yellow flannel, jean shorts, and black converse. ( picture below)

I quickly brushed through my messy hair and put it into a ponytail

I quickly brushed through my messy hair and put it into a ponytail. I brushed my  teeth and put my baseball glove in my back pocket just in case.

As i was running downstairs I remembered my LA dodgers hat and Quickly bolted to the kitchen to get it.

Once I'd found it I put it on and slipped my ponytail through the hole in the back.

Then I ran out the front door to see Smalls standing there waiting for me.

He was wearing a weird fishing hat that looked idiotic, but I didn't tell him that.

Then I saw him.

Yeah yeah.

That stupid kid who had rode his bike into me yesterday.

I took a closer look at him and realized he was kinda cute.

He had greenish blueish eyes, and light brown hair. He was very cute in my opinion. Of course, we had only met once just yesterday. But eventually, Smalls must have noticed that I was staring because he asked, "Why were you staring at him, Y/n?"

My face grew hot and I shrugged.

Yeah yeah finally took off on his bike and the two of us followed him until we got to a fence.

We climbed through a hole in the fence and hid behind some bushes.

There, we saw eight boys playing baseball, my favourite sport. My eyes immediately landed on yeah yeah, who caught a ball then threw it to the pitcher.

Not bad, I thought.

Then Smalls did the unexpected. He stepped out from behind the bushes and started smacking his fist into his glove, just like he had seen the pros on tv do.

No one really noticed him until a boy who looked a bit older than you belted a homer right towards Smalls.

"WATCH OUT!" the back catcher yelled. Smalls looked up at the pop fly coming his way. He stuck out his glove and yelled "AHHHH!!!!" as he fell to the ground.

Everyone started laughing except the boy who belted the homer.

Smalls looked sad but said "I'll get it!"
He then scrambled over to were the ball was and picked it up.

Once he came back he attempted to throw it but instead it landed about two feet in front of him.

Everyone who had laughed before laughed even harder.

"My life's over" Smalls said as he ran away.

I walked up to the ball, picked it up and yelled "HEY."

Everyone turned to me.

Then I threw the ball easily into the back catchers glove who caught it and looked at me wide eyed.

Every single boy on that team looked at me with their eyeballs practically popping out of their skulls, and their mouths wide open.

Finally, the back catcher yelled "THANKS."

"NO PROBLEM." I replied, air saluting him and turning to run home.

When I got home, Scotty was in the kitchen with a frozen pork chop over his eye.

"What happened?" I asked.   

"I was trying to teach Scotty how to play catch
and-" My dad started.

"Curve  ball?" I asked

"Curve ball." My dad said, nodding.

My dad had always loved baseball, that's why he raised me to love it. He even had a signed baseball with Babe Ruth's John Hancock on it. It was extremely special to him.

Word count: 975