16. Bad Reputation

A list had been made

A list had been made. Nicknamed a 'Glist', which was a rating of all the members of the Glee Club members, well, most of them.

"Who did it?" Mr Schuester asked them. "This is serious. Principal Figgins is threatening to disband the club."

"Why are we playing this game? We all know it was Puck." Santana stated.

"Back off! I didn't do squat." Puck insisted.

"Then why is your girlfriend first on the list?" Tina questioned. Darcey's heart gave a small flutter when Tina said the word girlfriend. Yet, she knew, that it would never be her she was calling girlfriend.

"And why am I last?" Rachel asked. "Aside from the fact that I refused to put out for you."

"Okay, enough! We're not accusing anyone of anything." Mr Schue announced, then turned to Puck. "Puck, seriously, did you do it?"

"I said no. I'm a delinquent, sure. I like setting stuff on fire and beating up people I don't know. I own that. But I'm not a liar." Puck told everyone.

"Alright, here's the important point. Between this and posting Coach Sylvester's personal video on YouTube you guys are getting a pretty bad reputation." Mr Schuester said.

"Why is that a bad thing?" Artie asked. "Maybe if we seem more dangerous, people will stop flushing my glasses down the toilet." 

Seriously, this guy. Tina picked this guy. Darcey thought to herself, rolling her eyes. 

"Look, things are hard right now. I get it." Mr Schue started. "You're under a lot of pressure with regionals coming up. I know that winning sectionals hasn't had the positive effect on your popularity that a lot of you thought it would. But becoming what you despise is not the answer."

Mr Schuester began handing out sheet music. 

"Man, this song is wack." Mercedes commented.

"No, it's not. It's a terrific song on a long list of top hits that, because of time or some bad press, has become a joke. And like you guys, it's time to start rehabilitating its bad reputation." Mr Schue explained. "The assignment for the week is for all of you to find songs like this mine them for what works and make them great again and then, hopefully, you can apply this musical lesson to your own lives." 

"This song should be arrested for the crime of sucking." Jesse argued with Mr Schuester's point.

"You wanna bet? Hit it!" Mr Schue demanded, and the song started to play.

-----

A week had gone by, and some members of the Glee Club had been desperately trying to up their bad reputation to get on the Glist.

However, Darcey had spent the week trying to figure out why Tina had chosen Artie of all people, and also just staring at her. 

She was in love with her, after all.

"Another week has almost passed. If a list goes up again later today, this issue is out of my hands and it becomes Principal Figgins' jurisdiction." Mr Schuester announced.

"Seriously, Mr. Schue, whoever made that list is not gonna come forward. We might as well just bend over and take whatever's coming." Finn suggested.

"Fine. Okay. Well, then, uh, let's get to it. Rachel, how about you show us your bad reputation project." Mr Schue stated.

"I'd like to say a few words first." Rachel started, and walked up to the front of the room. "Though I understand that a motion picture should stand on its own I do realize that some of you are not well-versed in the complex vocabulary of the filmic arts. I expect that this video will go over some of the heads of our less-cultured teammates. So let me just say I hope you enjoy my bad reputation. Lights." 

Jesse, Puck and Finn were all beyond pissed at the outcome of the video, as none of them had any idea that they were being triple cast with the other two.

"Well, uh, why don't we just take a moment to really absorb what we just watched." Rachel stated.

"This is garbage!" Finn yelled.

"Finn!" Mr Schue exclaimed.

"No, he's right. I need to trust my instincts more because I had a feeling when we were shooting that that it was not gonna be good." Puck agreed with him.

"Why didn't you tell me they were in this too? I thought you and I were going out. Being triple cast with two other guys to play opposite your girlfriend it's mortifying." Jesse told her.

"It was an artistic statement." Rachel insisted.

"No, it wasn't." Finn stated. "It was you trying to look like you had a bunch of guys fighting over you so you could stop looking like some kind of outcast and be seen as some hot, slutty, girl singer! How could you do this to me, to all us guys? Is your stupid reputation more important than your relationships?" 

Finn walked out of the room, Jesse following after him.

"Jesse, wait!" Rachel called after him.

-----

Rachel performed Total Eclipse Of The Heart for the Glee Club at end of the week.

A/N Sorry this is a short one, more drama in the last few of the season.