21. Journey To Regionals

It was almost time for Regionals

It was almost time for Regionals. And, the New Directions were convinced that they were screwed, as none other than Sue Sylvester was judging the performances.

Everyone was sitting in Mr Schue's living room, depressed, not eating any of the food that was there.

"No one wants any pizza?" Mr Schue asked them, as he walked in. No one responded to him. "All right, uh, let's get started. Thank you for coming to the first annual New Directions' Regionals' setlist nomination party!"

"What's the point, Mr Schue?" Artie asked. "Coach Sylvester's one of the judges. She's gonna crush us."

"Artie, you don't know that." Mr Schue tried to assure.

"Yes we do, she told us at Cheerios practice." Darcey chimed in.

"Yeah, she said, 'I'm going to crush the Glee Club.'" Brittany added.

"A whole freaking year! All that work for nothing!" Puck exclaimed. Then, at that moment, Tina began to cry.

Again, Darcey desperately wanted to go over to her and comfort her and tell her it was going to be okay. But she couldn't. She couldn't.

"I'm sorry. I just really love you guys." Tina told them. "You know how many Facebook friends I had before I joined Glee Club? Two. My parents. Rachel was right. Being a part of something special– it made me special. I just can't believe it's going to be over in a week."

"Wait. Who says it's going to be over?" Finn asked.

"Please. You think Puck and Santana are going to even acknowledge my existence once we're not in Glee Club together anymore?" Mercedes reminded them.

"She has a point." Puck nodded.

"Mr Schuester? Do you think instead of nominating songs, we can just... all go around the room and talk about things that we loved about Glee Club this year?" Rachel asked.

-----

The New Directions were all sitting in the choir, ready to select the songs for Regionals that they were going to do.

Mr Schuester stood in front of the whiteboard and wrote one word on it, 'Journey'.

"Mr Schuester, Finn and I have something to tell you." Rachel began.

"Me first. Have a seat. Nine months ago, there were five of you in here. And we sucked. I mean, we really sucked. Bad." Mr Schuester started. "One day, all of you are going to be gone. And all of this, all of us will be nothing but a hazy memory. It will take you a second to remember everyone's name. Someone will have to remind you of the songs we sung, the solos you got or didn't get. Life only really has one beginning and one end, and the rest is just a whole lot of middle. And I love you guys too much to let you not make the most of it. Now, I was going to quit once, but you guys brought me back with Don't Stop Believin' . It was a nine, but we are going to make it a ten."