23. Britney/Brittany

"Alright, who can tell me who Christopher Cross is?" Mr Schuester asked the Glee Club, writing the unknown man's name on the whiteboard

"He discovered America." Brittany answered, sure of herself. Finn nodded along, agreeing with her.

"Close. He did write an iconic chart topper, Sailing." Mr Schue corrected.

"I have a bad feeling about this lesson." Kurt said quietly.

"Never heard about him, don't wanna hear about him." Tina added.

"Exactly." Darcey nodded.

"Now, some people look at the term 'easy listening' as a bad thing, but I'm going to let this music speak for itself." Mr Schue announced, pointing to a large stack of paper in his hand. "You guys love Lady Gaga, The Rolling Stones, and you guys are really good at putting it all out there. But, really good music can also be controlled, and restrained. It doesn't have to attack an audience, it can let them come to you."

During Mr Schue talking, they had passed the sheet music around the room, so they were now all holding a piece each.

"How can you get caught between the moon and New York City?" Finn questioned, after reading over the page. "They're like a hundred miles apart."

"Mr Schue? If I may." Kurt spoke up, raising his hand. "I think I speak for all of us when I say it's not that we don't love the idea of spending a week on this silky smooth Adult Contemporary, it's just that, as teens, this isn't the easiest music for us to relate to. However, there is a burgeoning Facebook campaign that has swelled to over five members. The ardent demand: that this week, at the fall homecoming assembly, the McKinley High school glee club perform a number by, wait for it... Ms. Britney Spears!"

The room erupted with cheers from all us students, whereas Mr Schue didn't look very happy about it.

"Yo, Spears is fierce, yeah." Artie added.

"Sorry, Kurt, sorry, no." Mr Schue interrupted their cheers of approval. "No, no, no,  I don't think she's a good role model."

"But, Mr Schue, we kind of grew up with her." Rachel pointed out.

"She's literally why I wanted to become a performer." Tina added.

"I don't wanna do Britney." Brittany said, quietly.

"Why no Britney, Brittany?" Kurt questioned.

"'Cause my name is also Brittany Spears." She responded. Everyone in glee club turned their heads to face the blonde girl. All, with equally confused looks on their faces.

"What?" Mr Schue asked.

"What the hell is she talking about?!" Mercedes demanded.

"My middle name is Susan, my last name is Pierce, that makes me Brittany S. Pierce. 'Brittany Spierce.'" Brittany explained. "I've lived my entire life in Brittany Spears' shadow. I will never be as talented or as famous. I hope you'll all respect that I want Glee Club to remain a place where I, Brittany S. Pierce, can escape the torment of Britney Spears."