Chapter 1

Jo Wilson sprung out of bed as soon as she heard the coos of her 1 year old. She rushed across the hall of Meredith's house, to find her baby girl, Evelyn Sadie Wilson, with her hands and feet in the air giggling She picked her up and wondered around the upstairs of the house with her in her arms. Jo hadn't been sleeping well recently, and wakes up to the nightmares of losing her child. Ever since her husband, Alex Karev left her, she didn't feel the safety and security that she used to have, and she hated that she depended on him, but he was the love of her life, until he wasn't. Or so she thought.

Alex left his wife of 2 years, for his ex wife Izzie Stevens, and the kids she had raised without him for  5 years of their lives. He didn't want to miss out on anymore of their childhood, but he didn't think about Jo or their future and how she would feel when he left for the family of 3, now 4.

It's been almost 2 years since Alex left and Jo had made a life for herself. She was still working at Grey-Sloan Memorial, along side Meredith Grey, her new favourite person. Meredith, after also receiving a letter from Alex, knew Jo wouldn't want to be alone, so they've been living together ever since. It was supposed to be temporary but once Jo found out she was pregnant with none other then her ex husbands baby, that it became apparent that they would need a more permanent plan. Jo officially moved in a month after they found out and they've been inseparable best friends since.

"Jo?" Meredith questioned "Jo, are you awake?"
"Yeah it's just me! Sorry if I woke you up" Jo replied quietly, trying to not wake the baby asleep in her arms.
"It's okay. What's the time?"
"Uhh, 7:43am. Wait-" Jo realised that they were both late for work. "Mer get up, come on! We have the presentation today, get up!" Jo screamed down the hall, eventually grabbing the attention of Zola and Bailey downstairs, who were at the kitchen island, eating bowls of Lucky Charms they had poured for themselves, all ready for school.

"Aunt Jo, are we late for school?" Zola shouted from the bottom of the stairs, worried.
"No, no not at all, we do have to go very soon though."
"Okay, I'm up and dressed now, let's go." Meredith said as she walked out of her bedroom, with a toothbrush in her mouth still and only one high heel on. Meredith glanced at Jo, who was still stood in the hallway, holding Evelyn, in her 2 sizes too big Disney themed pyjamas, Dumbo specifically. She had taken a liking for Dumbo when she was pregnant, because it reminded her of her life. Meredith had bought her the pyjamas on Christmas, as a present, but she forgot that Jo would lose some of the weight once she gave birth so she bought them too big for her. That didn't stop Jo from wearing them all the time though.

Jo got dressed after seeing Merediths odd glares in the hall, and they were out of the door in 10 minutes. Zola and Bailey, both dropped off at school and Ellis and Eve at daycare, and their day had finally actually begun. Meredith and Jo had a presentation for a new appendectomy approach, that was very invasive, cost less, and had less risks overall. They had been working on it since Jo got off of maternity leave, as she had the idea for it then. Jo always has the best ideas when she shouldn't. Just like on her honeymoon. Today they were presenting it to the public as the national technique ; it's going to be used across the whole on the US after today, and being late for work today wasn't on the agenda! The Wilson/Grey Theory would soon be broadcasted nationally as the Wilson/Grey Approach.

"Jo, have you seen the OR board today?" Meredith questioned as they met up in the attending's lounge an hour before they were presenting.
"No, why?" Jo replied, not really paying attention to what Mer was saying and focusing on her flash cards, pacing back and fourth reading quietly over to herself. She was really nervous.
"It said 'Robbins, A' on it. Did you know Arizona was coming here today?"
Jo finally looked up from her cards with a shocked expression, but also happy. She hadn't spoken to Arizona since the wedding ; Alex spoke to her more.
"I didn't know she was coming. I wonder why." She said as she put her cards down on the table, grabbing her phone and calling Arizona's number. She didn't know if it was her current one or not. A familiar man's voice picked up after it rang for 2 tones.
"Hello?" The man said.
"Hi, is this Arizona Robbins number still?" Jo replied hesitantly, with a furrowed brow.
"Uhh, yes." The man said.
"Oh, u-uh okay" Jo was really confused on why she recognised the voice so much. "Can I speak to her?"
Meredith was stood, silently, clearly questioning what was going on.
Jo noticed Meredith's confusion, and put the phone on speaker.
"Not currently, she's with her girlfriend and left her phone in my room."
"Who is this?" Jo thought out loud, genuinely curious.
Meredith now looked as confused as Jo did, but she knew the voice. She knew that voice from anywhere.
"Alex?" Meredith suddenly chimed in, before the man could answer Jo's question.
The man didn't reply, the call just ended, as quickly as it started.

"Alex!" Jo said, completely star-struck over the fact she just spoke to her ex husband. "Like Alex, Alex, ex husband Alex?"

Meredith nodded in response, terrified of what was to come next.