Chapter 11

Author note : I never do these because it sometimes ruins the flow of books but I just need to say how truly grateful I am that there's over 2k reads on this book. It's coming along slowly and there will be more updates but thank you from the bottom of my heart <3

It had been a few weeks since Alex and Alexis had been discharged, and they were all staying in Meredith's house. It was shocking how many rooms the house had, knowing how small it had always seemed from the outside, but it had just enough to house all of them. Meredith, Jo, Alex, Zola, Bailey, Ellis, Alexis and Eve : the whole lot. It was a godsend that Maggie moved out and in with Winston, and Amelia, Link and Scout found a house not too far from the 'frathouse' as it used to be called. Alex sold the house in Kansas after Izzie's death, and moved to New York with the kids for while, not too far from Callie and Arizona. It really helped them all reconnect, and gave them the oppurtunity to figure their lives out. Arizona was the one who suggested they come to Seattle once again, knowing that Jo still lived there. As much as they didn't talk, Jo still posted photos to her instagram, mainly of either her and Schmitt, Meredith or baby Eve. 

Alex didn't know what to do anymore. One child deceased, the other one refusing to go to school, one child starting to talk in her sleep. She said her first words not too long ago, and it was one of the only things bringing him joy nowadays. He missed a lot of firsts aready and didn't want to have to miss anymore. He lost himself after Eli's death.

"Alex, are you coming to the hospital today?" Jo peeped her head around the bedroom door, only to find Alex still in bed. It reminded her of her dark times and how much support she needed. This is going to take a while.

"I don't feel well." He mumbled, as he brought the covers over his body, turning his face away from the door. He was too ashamed to look at Jo. Since getting back together, everything seemed to be going down hill, and honestly he wasn't sure if it was his fault or hers. He shouldn't blame her, but ever since coming back to Seattle, Alex found out he had yet another child hidden from him, Callie got into a car crash, in which she has now fully recovered from and they'll be leaving to go back to the practice soon to see Herman, Jo fainted, his own child died and he's now in this state of mind that will not stop torturing him. It's not her fault for all of this, but it sure feels like it.

"I'll tell Bailey to push the meeting. Call me if your mind changes." It was such a blunt reply from Jo, but she gets how Alex was feeling during her hard times, around her trauma with her mother. "I love you." It slipped. They've been back together for weeks, and they were married before, but was right now the time to say them certain three words.

Alex shot round, starring at the door once again, this time sat up. "What?" His face ; puzzled.

"I love you, Alex. I'm here for you." With that, she left the room, closing the door lightly, leaving Alex with another feeling. A feeling he hadn't felt in a while : safety.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
(possible tw)

The ER doors slid open, 2 paramedics followed inwards, dragging a gurney. "Male, 47, brought in for slit wrists, BP stable, no major arteries or veins hit." Said one paramedic, holding back tears.

"Thanks Nicole, take him to bed 5." Owen said, following closely behind them. "Page Avery and get Jo Wilson down here. Call psych."

"Hey, you beckoned?" Avery came in, not even a minute later, snapping latex gloves on his hands. "Hey, hey, hey thats Matthew Taylor. That's April's husband." He came rushing over.

"What?" Owen's head pinged up, stopping all actions.

"Yeah, has anyone called April?" He looked at his watch. "She's supposed to be dropping Harriet off at school right now."

"Call April Kepner." Hunt shouted across the ER to the nurses station.

"Hey." A snap of the left glove hitting her wrist followed. It was Wilson. "I got paged?" She peered her head up, after the second glove whipped her skin, a bit too hard. "Woah, is that Taylor?"

"Yeah." Her friends said in unison.

The waiting room doors opened, revealing a family of 4, just about to leave after being discharged. Arizona looked around for Jo to say goodbye, but someone caught her eye before hand. April. She came flooding through the ER doors, Harriet in her arms.

Arizona said, shocked. "April?" She ignored her, walking straight past all the beds. Her name coming from Arizona's mouth shot around the room, straight into Hunt, Avery and Wilson's ears, resulting in them turning heads simultaneously.

"Kepner, you can't treat him. You've got to stay back."

"I can treat him." She grabbed gloves after putting Harriet down on the floor. Thank God she can stand on her own.

"No! You're his wife, and you don't work here."

"I'm not him wife anymore. We got a divorce this morning. Jackson give me privileges!" The trio looked stunned, unaware of what is happening. "Jackson!"

He stood there, still as a statue, not knowing on how to proceed.

"Wilson, Alex was a part owner wasn't he? He gave that to you when he left. You technically own part of the hospital. Give me privileges!" April wasn't standing down, and fighting with an angry mom who just got a divorce wasn't on Jo's agenda today.

"Ouch but okay yeah, you have privileges. But I'm not a trauma surgeon so you're dealing with him. I'm swapping out." Jo's hands went up in the air, surrendering her position. Her giving April full access earned a few stares from the two men working on Matthew, but overall she didn't regret it. April was one of the best trauma surgeons to ever work at Grey Sloan.

"Take care of Harriet for me please?"

"Yup, will do." She walked away, with a thumb in the air. "Hi Harriet, do you wanna go up to day care or should I take you to school? We could go hang out in the lounge if you want." Jo wished her baby was at day care today, but with Alex being home all the time, there wasn't a need. He would get out of bed for her and her only. Harriet nodded. Jo took that as a free pass to wonder the hospital. Jo looked up, noticing Arizona, Callie, Sofia and baby Micheal.

"Hey guys, are you being discharged?"

Arizona nodded, eyes fixated on April. She hadn't seen her since they both left Grey Sloan, and to be ignored hurt her. It was understandable though.

Callie finally spoke up. "Yeah, I'm all healed and we were going to talk to Alex. Any idea where he is?"

"Have you not talked to him recently?" Jo pondered.

"Nope, Bailey said they had a meeting today, and he should be here."

Jo shook her head. "No, he's at home with Eve. He's not doing well." That grabbed Arizona's attention.

"Can we go see him?" She mumbled, eyes watering as she remembered memories of Eli. She didn't know the kids for too long, as they never really saw Arizona, but when they did, they reminded her of a young version of herself. Happy, excited about life, joyful. Now it's all changed.

"Yeah, doors will be unlocked.." Jo gave a slight nod, as she stood up from her crouching position, taking the hand of the small child next to her, and walked away. It tore her to pieces that Alex wasn't okay, but she couldn't do anything about it. He needs time.