Chapter 5

"Alex stop, wait!" Jo stopped the kiss, halfway through, catching her breathe. "I feel like I'm taking advantage."
Alex's hands were still on her face, as he breathed heavily. "What do you mean?" He was obviously confused by what she meant.
"You told me something personal and I don't want to do something that will make you regret anything." She slightly backed away, looking down at the sparking, clean floor of Trauma 1"
Alex moved his other hand from behind her waist to her chin, lifting it up until she met his eyes once again. "Josephine Brooke Wilson, the only regret I have in life is leaving you. I want you and only you."
A smile crept onto Jo's face, reminding Alex of the face she made on the night of the storm, the night Meredith had her baby boy, the night she also went into surgery, the night Richard and Heather were electrocuted, and most importantly, the night Alex told Jo he loved her.

Their lips met once again, but more passionately this time. He pushed her up against the wall gently, but also so quickly she didn't even realise it was happening, making her giggle. He wanted her and only her, and that was 1 thing he was 100% sure on. Minutes flew by without recognition and the reunited couple were on a high. It was perfection to them ; to be making up for the things they'd missed out on for almost 2 years. Jo started to loosen the grip of her hands on his face, trying to open her eyes. She felt like the world was spinning by the time her eyes finally opened, except this time it wasn't the type that the kiss caused. It was a different feeling. Suddenly, the world went black, and she collapsed, hitting her head on the crash cart to the left of her and falling onto her right arm on the floor.
"Jo? Jo! Someone get a gurney!" No one could hear Alex screaming for help. He pushed the blinds out of the way, running through the door and screaming for help with Jo in his arms, bridal style.
"Help, someone!" His voice broke. "Get a gurney." He caught the attention of Arizona who was still sat with Sofia, talking about all types of things like what surgery her Mom would need and what to have for dinner. She came rushing over to Alex after getting a nurse to pay close attention to her daughter.

Jo laid there on the gurney, still, with 4 nurses. Arizona picked up Michael and gave him to one of the interns, ordering him to take him to daycare. He obeyed. They moved her into Trauma 2, and hooked her up to an IV drip. Alex took control of this situation perfectly, Arizona stood back watching an old friend on the gurney, alive but perfectly motionless. She had seen 3 of the people she cared most about hooked up to an IV today.

Alex paged Teddy 911 to the ER, and Amelia. He needed a complete check on why she collapsed and he wasn't going to be allowed in this room much longer due to his history with her.
"Karev?" Altman entered the Trauma room, snapping her size 6 gloves against her wrists, shortly followed by Shepherd. "What have we got?" came from both of their mouths at the same time.

"Jane Doe-" said one of the nurses before being cut off.
"It's Jo! Jo fricken Wilson! She collapsed, been down 2 minutes, airways clear, BP is high, hooked up to IV, deep head lac." Alex shouted, giving them more context.
"Okay, Alex I need you to step away please." Teddy calmly ordered; it was bound to happen. Alex followed the orders to an extent ; he still only hid in the corner silently.
"Book a head CT and page plastics, she needs stitches in this head, the wound is pretty deep and we need to check for neurological deficits."
Avery walked in, "What have we- Jo? Jo! What happened?" panicked, immediately talking to Karev.
"We were just in here and then she collapsed and hit her head." Alex explained, frantically, not going into as much detail.
"Why were you guys in here?" Jackson asked as he checked out her wound. Alex was silent. The room was filled with all types of noises, but Alex's voice answering the question wasn't one of them.

"Someone take her up to CT please. I'll suture when she's out." Jackson said calmly, after a few moments of checking her wound and cleaning it.
"Hey, I'm here, so... Is that Jo?" Meredith came walking through the doors, stopping in her tracks in shock, after expecting it to be Amelia and Maggie wanting to hear more details. "What happened?"
"Get Alex to explain." Avery said bluntly, pointing to the corner.
"Alex? How does he know?"
"We were in here together, talking, and she collapsed. I don't know what happened." His head fell into his hands.