Realization

After dinner, Namjoon took me and Violet home. Violet fell asleep in the car, and Namjoon carried her inside for me, laying her in her bed. I took off her shoes and tucked her in, closing the door behind me as I walked him to the front door. We stood on the porch talking for a few moments before he left.

"So, your mother seems nice."

"Yeah, she's great. Although sometimes a little invasive with my personal life." He chuckled, the sound ringing in my ears in the most pleasant way imaginable. 

"I think that's every mother ever." I couldn't help but laugh. 

"Probably. Consider yourself lucky, though. She likes you, and she trusts you around Violet. She didn't even trust Jackson around Violet."

"I guess that's just a mother's intuition."

"Or grandmother's intuition." He chuckled again, making me feel butterflies. Really? Butterflies?

"Um, I should probably get home before Jin starts blowing up my phone."

"Yeah, that's probably a good idea. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah, that's a great idea." He hesitated for a moment before making his way down the porch. We waved as he got in his car. I stood on the porch and watched as he drove away. When his taillights were out of sight, I went back inside, closing the door and sliding down to the floor.

Why do I feel like this?

Namjoon's POV

I reluctantly drove away, not wanting to leave her. I was still afraid something would happen to her or Violet. Not only that, there was something about her presence that just made me feel... I didn't know how to explain it.

When I got home, I went straight inside and tried to go straight to my room. Of course, Tae stopped me.

"So, did you tell her?"

"Tell her what?"

"Oh, come on, hyung. You have to tell her!"

"I don't have to do anything. Besides, how do I even know she feels the same way?"

"Sir, are you blind? Her eyes literally sparkle when she looks at you. And the look she was giving you while you were working out? Oh, she has it bad for you. Come on, hyung. Live dangerously, tell her how you feel."

"Tae, how am I supposed to tell her? Someone like Vivian, I don't deserve that. Besides, I don't know if I'm ready to be a dad."

"Hyung, you deserve her and more. And Violet? Come on, you've wanted to be a dad for so long, I'm surprised you haven't found some random baby mama yet." I rolled my eyes. But, he had a point. I rolled it over for a minute.

"God, I really hate it when you're right."

"So you're going to tell her?"

"I don't know. I mean, I can't just tell her I'm in love with her."

"You're on your own with that one. I'm going to bed." He walked off toward the room he shared with Jungkook.

"Wh-" I didn't get to finish my question before he shut his door.

Vivian's POV

I lay in my bed, staring at the empty space in my locket where Jackson's picture used to be. I imagined Namjoon's face there. It was a perfect picture, him smiling right next to Violet. I didn't question it anymore, I already knew what this feeling was, and I was done denying it. It was something I had never felt with Jackson, something I had only felt when Violet was born.

I was in love with Kim Namjoon.