Finally

Namjoon POV

I watched with tears in my eyes as she drove away. What did she mean? I got in my own car and drove home, going straight to my room. Tae tried to stop me to ask something, but when I looked him in the eye, he knew I just needed to be left alone. I laid down on my bed and cried myself to sleep.

Vivian's POV

I felt so bad bout how I had left him, just standing in my driveway with no explanation. I wanted to text him or call him or something, but I didn't know what to say. Violet wouldn't stop talking about him. Telling my mom how much fun she had with him, about how much she missed him. It made my heart ache that I had to keep her from him.

I decided not to tell Namjoon I was coming, but to surprise the boys instead. When we got to their house and went inside, Tae immediately grabbed Violet's hand and ran to the backyard with her.

"Thank God you're here," Jin said. "Wait right here." He then left me at the door wand ran upstairs. I went and sat on the couch while I waited for whatever Jin was getting.

Namjoon's POV

It had been a week since she'd left. The boys were worried about me. I hadn't left my room, hadn't eaten, hadn't showered. I just didn't feel like getting out of bed. I kept running through all the possible reasons she would leave like that. Suddenly, someone knocked on my door and came in. It was Jin.

"I'm not coming out."

"Please, Namjoon. You can't live like this."

"I can and I will."

"Kim Namjoon, there is a woman downstairs waiting on me to bring you to her. Now, I suggest you get your lousy butt out of your bed." I sat up.

"She's here?"

"Yes, she's here. Now get downstairs." I got up and walked as fast as I could to the living room. It wasn't easy, I was very week from not eating or drinking anything for a week. Sure enough, she was sitting on the couch.

"Vivian?" Her head snapped in my direction.

"Oh, honey, no." I chuckled at the words I had spoken to her the day after Violet went missing. She walked toward me, but stopped a few feet away, as if she was holding something back.

"I-I'm glad you came." I sounded like an idiot.

"Well, by the look of it, you needed me." I looked down at my feet. How was I supposed to get myself out of this one? My thoughts were interrupted when I heard small, fast footsteps and a small voice calling my name.

"Joonie!" I turned to see Violet running toward me. I knelt down and hugged her.

"Hey Bug."

"You should come play with us!"

"We will in a minute," Vivian said, suddenly right beside me.

"Ok!" She took off running back outside. We both stood and faced each other.

"I-I'm sorry I left the way I did. I was just so stressed about losing my house and trying find a job that I didn't know how to explain. I just hope you won't hate me forever."

"Viv, I could never hate you." I noticed her eyes glittering with tears.

"I hope you mean that." She was having trouble meeting my eyes. "I, um, I found a job opening in the same town my Aunt Charlotte lives in. If I get the job, that's where we're moving."  I felt my world turn upside down.

"Wh-what?"

"I need a job. I can't raise Violet on my own without one. There's no jobs here, and n-nothing keeping me here." She struggled to say nothing, and she looked like she regretted saying it. Tears were streaming down her face. "I-I have to do what's best for my daughter." 

She turned toward the back door. I didn't know what to do, all I knew was that I had to stop her. As if my arms had a mind of their own, I grabbed her wrist and spun her around.

"Nam-" I cut her off with my lips against hers.