Chapter 11

Andreas

A loud crashing noise jolted me from the confines of sleep. My head shot up, vision blurry, as I took in my office surrounding me. I must have fallen asleep at my desk last night.

Murmured curses made their way to me and spurred me to move. I straightened my shirt and combed my fingers through my hair as I stood and exited my office.

Following the noises, I found myself outside Harriet's room. Peaking in through the open door, I spotted Barrett kneeling on the ground beside the bed, cursing under his breath as he picked up shards of glass. The base of the glass cup that must have shattered laid about a foot away from the bed.

Harriet was sitting up, but her eyes were unfocused. Her hands moved at rapid speeds, drawing in her sketchbook. Her movements were frantic, like she was running out of time to get it all out.

I turned and headed toward the nearby bathroom. Grabbing a towel and the small trashcan, I walked back to the bedroom. Crouching down beside my beta, I helped him clean up the mess.

"She accidentally hit it reaching for her sketchbook," he informed me, his voice low. Neither of us wanted to disturb her process. It would take her a while to get everything out and onto the paper, and then she would crash again.

I looked Barrett over, and he looked okay. Mae must have made him sleep at some point. Unlike me, he probably rested on a bed of some sort. I arched my back when I stood in order to stretch out some knots.

"You okay?" he asked, a smirk tugging at his lips. "Maybe you should go take a nap, grandpa." A growl escaped before I could stop it, making his smirk grow.

"I'm fine," I bit out as we moved to the doorway. He glanced back at Harriet, and I could see the worry in his eyes.

"Don't you have a date with a certain pretty brunette today?" he asked. I bit back the growl that wanted to burst free from him calling my mate pretty.

"I am supposed to meet them for lunch," I said, looking back into the bedroom. Harriet was still working tirelessly on her drawings.

"Go," Barrett told me seriously. "I just relieved Mae not that long ago. I'm fine to stay with her. Valor can relieve me if I need it."

I nodded, knowing he was right. It just didn't sit well with me to leave a pack member when they were in need. I forced myself to leave and get ready for the day. It was still early, but I would need awhile to fully wake up and become presentable.

Once I was ready to face the day, I made my way downstairs to the kitchen. Valor was there, along with Jasper and Joel. Jasper's suit of the day was as sharp as ever. He had his long, dark hair pulled back into a low ponytail.

Joel was the complete opposite. He was naturally tan with light fawn hair, short and messy. His t-shirt and jeans had tears and stains here and there. Joel was second in command of the enforcers and in charge of training. He worked well with Valor and kept the younger warriors in line. I nodded at them in greeting before pouring myself an extra large cup of coffee.

"Long night?" Jasper asked, sipping on his own cup. I nodded.

"Harriet had a vision," I explained. They both winced. The only sign that Valor heard me was the narrowing of his eyes.

"Is she okay?" Joel asked. The large man leaned against the counter, nursing his own cup of liquid caffeine.

He was one of the largest in the pack, not including Bernie. His size wasn't what made him lethal, though. He was the best fighter in the pack, and I included myself in that. What was the most surprising though was that he was human. Completely and totally human, but he had never let that stop him.