4

Both Alec and Sophia pulled away quickly from each other, the brunette cleared her throat as Hodge strutted into the room, "Didn't know you were here

Both Alec and Sophia pulled away quickly from each other, the brunette cleared her throat as Hodge strutted into the room, "Didn't know you were here." He asked raising his eyebrows at the pair who looked around uncomfortably.

"Yeah, no, we were just---" Alec stuttered trying to throw the suspicions off of them.

"Don't tell me. I honestly don't care what's going on, it's none of my business" He said before turning around ready to leave.

"Hodge? Thank you." Alec said stopping him as Hodge turned around to look at the dark-haired guy, "You remind me of me, Alec. A loyal friend standing in the shadow of the chosen one." Alec scoffed at him but Hodge continued, "Hey... Don't make the same mistakes I did. Look where it got me."

Sophia frowned as she stared at Alec she didn't think Alec was in Jace's shadow they looked like they're brothers surely Alec is a bit uptight but she had never thought that in the short period she got to know them.

On their way to the Dumort hotel after Izzy texted Alec the location, "So what you said to Jace 'Parabatai'?, what's this some kind of secret brotherhood?" She asked as they were both walking.

Alec sighed, "There's no human bond that compares to what Jace and I have. We're bound together for life. Bound to fight together, to protect each other. In battle, our hearts beat as one. If one of use were to die... a part of the other would die inside as well." He explained.

She raised her eyebrows," Sounds intense"

"What's the deal with you, Simon amd Clary? Why are you sticking with them anyways?"

She shrugged, "You and Jace are parabatai, right?"

He scoffed, "This doesn't even come close, Jace would die for me and I him"

"You're right, our bond is much stronger, They're the only people I care about in this entire world besides my mother, I'd die for them in a heartbeat, I won't even think about it" She admitted.

He didn't say anything only stared at her for a moment as they approached Izzy who was wearing a red dress, "Izzy. I got your text. Where are we exactly?" Alec asked

"It's an old meatpacker's service entrance. If we go back there, we come up into the basement of the Hotel Dumort. Perfect, right? We distract the vamps, Clary and Jace have time to find Simon." Izzy explained the plan as they walked.

"Okay." Alec said.

Izzy frowned staring at her brother, " "Okay"? It was hard work interrogating Meliorn to get this intel."

Alec smiled sarcastically at his sister, "Great job, Izzy. You have faerie dust on your dress." He turned around walking away from the two girls, "And I hate being the distraction."

"I don't mind actually" Sophia said shrugging walking beside Izzy, "You know, you'd be a lot happier if you weren't so freaking repressed." Izzy started.