6

"So you feeling better now?" Sophia asked Simon as they waited for Clary and Alec to show up at their old shortcut

Simon shrugged, "Yeah we were totally right, it's just a cold"

The brunette sighed staring at her best friend, "Simon, are you sure you don't want to sleep it out"

He shook his head, "No, I'm fine really don't worry"

"If you say so"

The redhead was walking with Alec when she saw her friends at the old shortcut, "Hey. Thank you guys for being here." Clary said after hugging her friends.

Simon nodded with a smile, "You don't need to do this alone. It's not who we are."

Clary started at Simon with worry, "Are you sure you're feeling up to this?"

Simon nodded dismissing the redhead's worries, "Yeah, it's just a cold. Not the end of the world."

Alec rolled his eyes, "The world's been ending for a thousand years. Ah, you get used to it. Now, we need to move."

"Yeah, my mom's loft is just across the alley."

"All right, well, we have to be careful. There are eyes all over this place and everybody in the Shadow World's looking for you." Alec warned looking around the place.

Simon turned to Alec, "I mean, I guarantee you, no one's gonna find this shortcut. I used to take it back in middle school to see Clary and Sophia. You might know the Shadow World, but trust me... I know Brooklyn. Come on." Simon jumped over the wall, Clary and Sophia looked surprised at his moves when he jumped onto a ladder.

"Have you been taking parkour classes behind our backs? "Sophia asked

Sophia, Clary and Alec climbed the ladder after Simom,"You've gotten a lot better at this." Simon said to Clary

"I was just gonna say the same thing about you."

Alec rolled his eyes, "Climbing a fire escape excites mundanes. I'll never understand these people."

"Whoa. I don't remember it like this." Clary said looking at the runes that was on the brick wall of

"These are runes and wards of protection cast by a warlock. Some of these have been here for years." Alec explained.

"The only difference is now I can actually see them."

"Yo, Clary. What are all these tags?" Simon asked.

Akec turned to Simon frowning, "You can see the runes?"

Simon shrugged, "Yeah, kinda hard to miss."

"For a Shadowhunter. They should be invisible to most mundanes. When did you get the Sight?"

"I don't know. But whoever drew these should take some lessons from Clary. Their, uh, work is pretty sloppy."