15

"Izzy told me about your outburst earlier

"Izzy told me about your outburst earlier. Are you okay?" Sophia started approaching the shadowhunter who sat on the roof overlooking the city.

He didn't answer her so she walked closer to him hoping to be able to get to him, "I know what you're going through, Alec. I understand"

He frowned finally turning to her, "No, I... I don't think you do. Jace is a part of me. Through a rune, we are both physically and emotionally connected. If he dies, a part of me dies, too. And I know he's out there. And he's in trouble and there's not a damn thing I can do about it." Alec explained in frustration about to walk away from the brunette.

Sophia shook her head, grabbing Alec's arm stopping him from leaving, "Tell me what I can do." She offered looking hopefully at him.

He sighed moving his arm away, "I know you and Magnus are close. Perhaps you can convince him to help me"

Sophia frowned at him not getting at what he was hinting, "Help? How?"

"To track Jace. I want to use our rune. I just need his magic for the pain."

"Alec. I don't think that this is really a good idea" Sophia said with a frown on her face looking up at the shadowhunter

"Why not?" He wondered crossing his arms in front of his chest.

"The last time you used a rune to track Jace, it almost killed you." She

"Why can't you just do this one thing? After everything I've done for you." He shouted at the brunette who was rooted in her place, "You didn't do anything for me, Alec. You did whatever you did for yourself not for me." She stated but he only shook his head walking away from the brunette.

After a while, Sophia and Simon walked into Clary's room where she and Jocelyn where, "Hey, guys." Simon greeted enthusiastically.

"Sophia, Simon." Jocelyn greeted them with a smile of her own

Simon grinned, "Hey, Mrs. F. Good to see you on your feet again. You look great considering the coma situation."

"Yeah we're really glad that Valentine did nothing bad to you" Sophia added smiling at Joceyln, She approached the redhead mom giving her a hug, "Then I guess you know everything about who you are" Joceyln remarked pulling away from the brunette who nodded her head in response, "Yeah"

"But what are you doing here?" Joceyln asked looking at Simon whose ears reddened in embarrassment,
"Um... it's kind of a long story."

Clary nodded looking at her mother, "So, um... a lot, a lot happened while you were away."

Jocelyn frowned, "Like what?" She wondered about to touch Simon's face but he smiled, showing his fangs.

The redhead pulled her hand back quickly, Simon realized what she saw so he held his hand over his mouth,"You're a vampire."She stated with realization.