10

"Hey Sophie, it's me again

"Hey Sophie, it's me again. I know that you probably need your space but I'm your mother even if not biologically, please just call me or text. I just wanna make sure you're okay..... I love you, Sophie" Sophia heard the voicemail her mother left her before she put the phone in her pocket shaking her head to concentrate on finding Simon.

"Simon's gonna hate us. We did a terrible thing, Soph." Clary started as she and Sophia walked aimlessly through New York streets searching for Simon.

"We weren't about to let him go like that, we did what needed to be done and if you want me to tell Simon that it was me who made the decision to bring him back I'll do it, I know you have enough on your plate already" Sophia started as she walked beside the redhead.

Clary smiled gratefully at her friend, "Thanks, Soph. I'm really glad that I have you as my best friend"

"Yeah me too"

"I might actually have an idea where Simon is" Sophia said after a while stopping in her tracks and staring at Clary who raised her eyebrows.

"Simon!" Clary and Sophia called out in unison as they stood in the doorway of Simon's room watching him hugging his mom and probably about to bite her.

Simon gasped pulling away quickly from his mother staring at his two best friends, "Sophie, Clary."

"Hi, Mrs. Lewis." Clary and Sophia muttered in greeting to Simon's mother who said Hi back before she turned to Simon who looked pale as ever, "Oh, are you all right?"

She turned to Sophia and Clary, "Doesn't he look so pale to you?"

She didn't give them time to answer as she turned around staring at her son, "Wait, what happened to your glasses?" She inquired about to touch his face when he slapped her hand away standing up, "No, don't."

"He's got contacts." Sophia answered quickly trying to diffuse the situation because Simon looked frightened as ever

Elaine looked the three friends with furrowed eyebrows, "Okay, someone needs to tell me what is going on here." She looked at Sophia and Clary before looking back at Simon who opened his mouth ready to tell his mother everything.

Sophia and Clary shook their heads at the Simon but he ignored them turning to his mother, "Mom, there's something I need to-" He started but Clary cut him off so quickly, "Do for me. You won't believe this, but my identity was stolen. Bank account hacked. Apparently, I am not Clary Fray"

"Uh, that's awful. It happened to me last year, but... Clary, I don't think he's well enough to go-" Elaine argued.

"Simon, we have always been here for each other." Clary stated looking at Simon, Elaine turned to her son who scratched his head thinking, "I don't know."

"You know what, Clary, Sophia? I think maybe another time."

"Simon, When one of us is in trouble, we help each other get through it" Sophia looked pointedly at Simon subtly hinting at his current situation.