Ch.3 Transfer Student

I walked into class one hour early as usual. Mrs. Lovelace was already there putting grades into the grade book.

"Oh, Good morning Janice!"

"Good morning Mrs. Lovelace"

"I have a favor to ask you," I nodded my head saying that I was listening as I took out by calculus homework, "Well you see, we have a transfer student from Taiwan starting today. I was hoping you could show her around. I've met her myself, she's really nice, maybe you two could be friends!"

My home room teacher knew that my I was getting "teased", she just didn't know to what extent. I'm guessing she wants someone to monitor that for her.

"Yeah, I can do that."

Why did I agree? No idea, I guess I just wanted to get it over with.

"Great! She's in all your classes, I've already talked to your other teachers so you guys will stay together the whole day!"

Great, I hate being around people, at least she's not stupid. If she's in all my classes, she is already taking AP courses. You have to actually be smart to get into those classes.

I nodded my head and sat down in my seat. I started working on my calculus' extra credit.
——————————————
And I fell asleep. The bell indicating the start of homeroom rang. I sat there for a few minutes letting my eyes and ears to adjust. It was extremely noisy for some reason. Usually homeroom is filled with hushed chatter, but not today. I finally look over to the corner and see people huddled around a desk, well more like huddled around the person sitting at the desk. I guess that's the transfer student, can't really see her though.

"Oh my god! You're so pretty!"

"Do you speak English, can you understand me?"

"Idiot, she wouldn't be in this school if she couldn't speak English"

"All right everyone, take your seats so I can do attendance!" Mrs. Lovelace called out.

People started unwillingly walking back to their seats. That's when I saw her, she was indeed pretty. Long black hair, fair skin, long eyelashes too. She had little silver earrings in and was wearing a white blouse and a mid-length light brown skirt. Yep, very pretty.

"All right, as you guys know we have a new transfer student, so when I call your name you can introduce yourself and tell her something about yourself," everyone nodded in acknowledgment, "all right then let's begin"

Basically, all the girls tried to seem all friendly and stuff, while most of the boys tried to flirt with her. When it got to my turn I just looked at the teacher and she gave me a nod and continued to the next person. I don't talk much in class and Mrs. Lovelace just lets it be.

Emilia's POV
The guidance counselor had guided me to my homeroom classroom. I walked in realizing it was still quite early. I looked around noticing that only the teacher and one other student were there.

"Hello, you must be Emilia! I'm Mrs. Lovelace."

"Hi, nice to meet you" I said shaking her hand.

She told me that I could sit anywhere I wanted and that I will have a student showing me around today.

"That is Janice Akaru, she is in all your classes and will be showing you around today," My mind froze at that name. I looked over at her and frowned to myself. Mrs. Lovelace seemed to notice, "don't worry she won't bite"

"Oh sorry, no I just- ...well it's been a while" I smiled sadly to myself. 'Looks like I found you' I thought to myself.

"So you guys do know each other! I was looking through your past record and saw that you guys went to the same elementary and middle school before your incident"

"Heh, yeah, we were friends... she probably hates me now though"

"Well I won't question you but I'm sure you guys will figure it out. But I'm going to be completely honest with you, I didn't put you guys together just for her to show you around," She sighed, "Janice has been being teased by some students for a while and she's always alone. I talked with her parents, they're also concerned, I was hoping you could be her friend, but I understand if there is something between you two from the past..."

"It's okay, I can try, but she probably won't really want to see me"

"Alright, you can tell me if you have any problems, problems not related to this too"

"Okay" I smiled and headed to a random desk.

'People are bullying you again huh. I hope you aren't harming yourself again'