Ch.8 School

Janice's POV:

I got to school an hour early as usual. Mrs. Lovelace told me that the people who had beaten me up had gotten expelled, a great way to start the day.

"Where is Emily? Isn't she staying with you?" Mrs. Lovelace asked.

I look over at the clock, "Probably just waking up" I responded.

"Oh? You didn't wake her up?"

"She was too cute," I said before I could stop myself. I felt the blood rush to my face as I realized what I had just said. "I-I mean-" She just laughed while shaking her head.

"Hey babe, you forgot your lunch in the car- oh hi Janice," said a tall man with blonde hair and green eyes.

"Good morning Mr. Lovelace"

"Morning, why is your face so red?" he asked.

"Um, good question"

"She was saying how cute her crush was when she was sleeping" She giggled. My face continued to heat up.

"You were watching me sleep?" and I think I'm gonna explode

"No, I wasn't watching you f*cking sleep!"

"Language, by the way, you look like a tomato," Emily said.

"Thanks" I mumbled.

"Good morning," she said to the two adults.

"Ah, yes this is our new transfer student, Emilia Ling"

"Nice to meet you I'm this beauty's husband," He said referring to Mrs. Lovelace. He got a slap on the arm from her in return.

Emily smiled, "nice to meet you too".

"Why are you even here so early?" I asked.

"I got cold 'cause you weren't there," She said cheekily. the blush that was almost gone had returned in an instant. She is seriously flirting in front of our teachers (Mr. Lovelace is a math teacher for freshmen and sophomores) not that they didn't start it.

"I hate you"

"I'm sure you do," she said sarcastically walking to the seat behind mine.

----------------------------

When homeroom ended I heard the familiar clicking of boots coming towards me. I was slightly annoyed at that point because people kept on trying to flirt with her.

"Hey" I ignored her and started packing up. When I finished I looked at her and blushed again. She was wearing a hoodie that she didn't have on earlier. I recognized it as mine. It was too big for her, yet she looked adorable.

"Now I remember why you always wear platformed shoes," I said subtly making fun of her height. She's about 5'2 not the shortest but defiantly on the short side. I got a playful punch to the stomach ('cause she's short). We made our way to first period sitting down next to each other.

"How's being seventeen like?" she asked out of the blue.

"Uh, I'm sixteen, did you seriously forget my age?"

"Did you seriously forget your own birthday?" I looked at her confused. "It's March 22nd"

"Oh... yeah I forgot"

"Oh my god, seriously!"

"It's not that big of a deal"

"Nope, it is, I'm setting up a reservation at a restaurant next period."

"Being with you is enough for me" I sighed under my breath. I know she heard me by the way the tips of her ears went red, but she just turned around and walked off.

Emily's POV

That honestly made my day. She is so cute though, anyways I have a reservation to make. I'll tell her family too.

-----------------------------

Janice's POV

During lunch I was about to go up to Emily when I saw a guy go up to her. They seemed really close, I saw him whisper in her and she started blushing. That got my blood boiling until the guy turned around and I could see his face. He was the exact replica of Emily but as a male. He started walking away from her and towards me. When he saw me his face lit up with recognition and came up to me.

"Hi, Janice!"

"Drew?"

"Yep!"

"Wow, you're taller than your sister now... not that that's that big of an accomplishment" Andrew Ling, Emilia Ling's younger brother by three years, laughed at that.

"That's true"

"Hey what did you say to Em that made her like that?"

"Oh haha, I asked her if you guys were finally dating"

"I see, well we're not, yet"

"So you guys like each other?"

"I guess so"

"Well happy birthday! I have class now"

"Bye!" I guess he would be a freshman this year. I was in my thoughts when Emily walked up to me.

"Hey, guess what?"

"hmm"

"I got a reservation at Valious!"

"Isn't that a very expensive restaurant?"

"Don't worry, I'll pay, your parents, your sister, and my brother are all coming!"

"You really didn't need to do this"

"Well, I wasn't here to celebrate your birthday for four years so you can't stop me!"

I shook my head as we made our way to the garden to eat lunch.