Ch.7 Confession

Emilia's POV

As soon as we got to Janice's house her little sister Lilly ran up to me.

"Emmy!"

"Hey, Lilly, You've grown so much!"

"Yeah! You need to see my paintings, I worked really hard on them!"

"Alright let me go set my things down."

I look over at Janice to see her pouting slightly, "Why are you pouting?"

"You like my sister more than me" she commented while grabbing my bags and walking upstairs. I rolled my eyes for the 100th time today and followed her.

When we got up their Janice put my stuff on her bed and was going to go to the restroom to change into a pair of sweats when I stopped her and gave her a peck on her cheek. Her face grew red dangerously fast.

"I like your sister, yes, she's adorable, but I love you," I said walking over to Lilly's room.

"F*ck you"

"I heard that~"

-----------------------------

We sat down to eat dinner after looking at Lilly's painting they had definitely improved, I mean she is already 12 years old.

"So Emily, how was Taiwan?" asked Mr. Akaru.

"It was great! I got to enjoy so much more time with my family. It was nice"

"That's good to hear"

Janice's POV

As they went on with their small talk I couldn't help feeling bad. She really left her family and everything in Taiwan just to see me again and I treated her like that.

-----------------------------

"Em?"

"Yeah?"

"What did the letters say that you didn't want me to know?" I asked laying on my bed as she came out of the shower.

"Oh, I was hoping you forgot about that..." she lied down on my bed next to me.

"Why?"

"Well, all it said was some stuff about missing you..."

"Oh, I just feel bad"

"For punching me in the face?" She slowly sat up to face me.

"Well yeah, and you left everything in Taiwan just to come to see my... and look at me"

Emily's POV:

The makeup she used to conceal the dark circles had been washed off the bandages that wrapped her arms had been removed. Scars littered her arms, she was skinnier, not much but skinnier. She had dark bags under her eyes that were filled with sadness. My heart broke seeing her like this.

I crawled to her and sat in her lap wrapping her arms around myself. She had lost weight but she was still bigger and stronger than me.

"I love you, that's it. That is why I had to come back, even when I was with my family that did nothing other than showering me with love something was still missing. When I was gone I fell even deeper in love with you than I already was. Those letters always ended up confessing my feeling and I really didn't want to do it over mail. I'm so sorry that it hurt you though. I'm sorry that I left you alone."

"...I love you too"

"hm, I know"