Ch.4 Lunchtime Fight

Janice POV:

Mrs. Lovelace got to the transfer student.

"Emilia, would you please introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about yourself"

My eyes widen as I turned to her.

"Hi, my name is Emilia Ling. I lived here before I moved to Taiwan four years ago. I enjoy art both visual and musical," I smiled to myself, that was the same exact thing she had said back in forth grade. "I hope we can all be friends!" she said turning to me, I glared at her in return.

Oh my god, I think she got even prettier. I couldn't tell who she was from across the classroom but wow.

'so are you happy to see her or not?' my internal voice commented. I'm still mad. I can think someone is pretty and be mad at them at the same time.

After attendance people crowded around her again. Soon the bell rang, so I slowly started to pack up, when I heard the subtle clicks of her platform boots against the tile approaching.

"Hey," I just continued to pack up completely ignoring her. She sighed and leaned against the desk next to mine waiting for me.

I finished packing and started walking out the door. I heard her follow me, as I made my way to first period. When we got there she sat next to me as the teacher asked. She introduced herself again for the people who weren't in our homeroom.

Second, third, and fourth period went the same. It honestly wasn't that bad. She didn't talk to me much, but she was still friendly. It was as if she was just another one of my classmates. Just that no one even wants to sit near me, but this is okay, I probably could live like this if it weren't for these stupid feeling. I thought I had finally built a wall strong enough to hold them back, then she comes and completely demolishes it. I hate her so much. As bad as this sounds I want her to try talking to me, to try to fix her mistakes just so I can see she still cares. At this point though, I don't think I really matter to her. Sh*t, I'm crying.

Emilia's POV

I walked over to her as she packed up.

"Hey," ...ignored, well what did I expect.

I followed her to all of our classes. I wanted to say something, I don't think she would really care though. But I know she's not okay. People either avoid her or shoot insults at her when the teachers aren't listening. I saw the bandages on her arm when her sleeve rolled up a bit.

I looked over at her to see tears running down her face. I reached into my back handing her a tissue. She glared but took the tissue.

When lunch came around I sat down with her in the garden. The flowers were so pretty in March, they bent and swayed in the wind.

"You don't need to sit with me"

"Do you not want me to?"

"Why would I."

"'Cause we used to do it all the time," I said under my breath.

"Yeah, well it's not f*cking the same as it used to be!"

"...I'm sorry"

"Really?" She exclaimed, "I couldn't tell. You were gone for four whole years. No texts, no calls, and no letters, the only reason I knew you were alive was because my parents got a call from your aunt explaining what happened okay!"

"..." I know I hurt her, I really didn't mean to. I felt sick.

"You just popped up here out of no where, did you expect me to just forgive you. You broke your promise. I hate you so much!" I snapped at those words.