Ch.5 Bathroom Bullies

Janice's POV

I walked into the bathroom aware of those obnoxious girls behind me, I really don't feel like doing this.

"We know the only reason that you didn't just kill yourself was because of your family. Well, guess what, they hate you, your old friend hates you! They are so much better without you, like honestly why would someone as pretty as her like someone like you f*ggot"

I knew I never deserved a friend like her. They are right. I knew I could fight back if I wanted to, but I didn't really have to power to do so. I was on the edge of unconsciousness when I heard the clicks from someone's shoes.

Emilia's POV

She was on the ground bleeding. They were kicking and punching her. Four girls, one body.

"Get away from her!"

"Oh come on you can't possibly still care about her"

"Well you wouldn't understand, I doubt that you have ever any real friends"

"Janice doesn't have any"

"She has me okay, I loved it in Taiwan, my cousins are amazing, my grandparents, uncles, and aunts are all so caring. I made so many great friends, yet I continued to push to come back here, the place I left so I wouldn't have to think about my parents just to see her."

"Well look at her, what do you think now?"

"... I should have come back earlier. Because of me, she hasn't been taking proper care of herself. That is beside the point though, you need to go before I end up doing something that I'm not going to regret"

"Whatever, she's useless anyways"

Janice's POV:

"She has me okay, I loved it in Taiwan, my cousins are amazing, my grandparents, uncles, and aunts are all so caring. I made so many great friends, yet I continued to push to come back here, the place I left so I wouldn't have to think about my parents just to see her"

'She really came back just to see me huh. Now I feel even worse.'

"Well look at her, what do you think now?"

'Probably thinks I'm pathetic, who wouldn't.'

"... I should have come back earlier. Because of me, she hasn't been taking proper care of herself. That is beside the point though, you need to go before I end up doing something that I'm not going to regret"

'...I-'

She walked over to me and kneeled down.

"Janice, you okay?" the concern laced in her voice.

"Hmm, I-I'm sorry," I said my voice cracking.

"I hate you"

"...that's not what it sounded like" I looked up at her.

She rolled her eyes and helped me up looking me over.

"When was the last time you ate?"

"Two days" I replied not even trying to lie.

"How many hours did you sleep last night?"

"...close to an hour"

"I hate you"

"You really need to repeat it? I already know who wouldn't hate me."

"I hate you for not taking care of yourself. I know you could have fought them off, I saw those bandages on your arm, you haven't eaten, you haven't been getting enough sleep, that's why you snapped so easily. If you had punched anybody else you would probably have been suspended" She continued to rant as we made our way back to the principles office.

"Janice, what happened?" My mom exclaimed.

"Well Em wanted to get even y'know," I responded sarcastically.

Emily rolled her eyes at me, "She was getting beat up by some homophobic people and decided it was okay to just lay there and let them hit her. She also hasn't eaten or slept well in the past few days."

I glared at her earning a smile in return. Everyone was silent for a few seconds.

"I think the best way to move forward then is for you two to make up," Ms. Green stepped in, "It is clear to me that Janice hasn't been taking care of herself because of lack of social interactions."

"Okay, I didn't write immediately because I forgot. I was dealing with a lot of stuff that the first year. After that, I had written letters but was just too scared to send them to you because everyone I wrote always ended up with some things I didn't want you to know. I ended up giving up on writing normal letters to you."

"Well, you were my only friend so I was sad when you left. When you didn't write I was hurt and then you came back and I didn't want to be hurt again and I didn't like that as soon as I saw you these stupid feelings resurfaced, so I ignored you. Now the punching you wasn't on purpose so... sorry"

"...feelings?"

"sh*t"

"language," she said being the golden child she was.

...There was an awkward pause before my mom jumped in.

"What Janice said was an understatement, she was crying for days when you left, she didn't come out of her room, and she has had a crush on you since the sixth grade"

"Mom!"

"RiNg" saved by the bell.

"Thank you, everyone, for your time, I'm sorry for all of this drama I will now take my leave," I said while walking out before anyone could object.