Chapter 12

Zayne,

Fuck me.

I needed to forget about her.

No. You fucking want her.

Those two singular thoughts competed for space inside my fucked-up head as I leaned back on the couch. Once more, I was at a party, hoping the distraction would be enough to forget about Adrienne.

Being at home depressed the hell out of me. Dad was still drunk as fucking ever, but he hadn't dared lay a hand on me again. He stopped by the time I turned fifteen. Thank fuck, he didn't realize that I was getting recruited by scouts. Dad would still try to somehow pilfer the scholarship money I was going to get for his own benefit.

The deep-bass of the rap song played overhead, espousing all the ways that money, weed and pussy were all you need in life. I had already turned down two girls for an offer to go upstairs or in the back end of the massive home to fuck. I was not in the mood, my mind revolving around the fact that Adrienne was leaving.

To go to fucking school at the University of Michigan.

Well, I really didn't know for certain. All I knew was that she had gotten accepted and had mentioned wanting to go there. The girl was smart and could've gone to any Ivy and in fact, I was pretty sure she had already gotten a few acceptances from them.

I contemplated briefly going there, but as far as the offers to play college ball went, it wasn't the best. I had better offers down south and honestly, my prospects were better there than at University of Michigan. It wasn't like I had any money. Dad had made sure to piss all that way on booze.

I still wasn't entirely sure if I wanted to continue playing football professionally anyway. My aspirations didn't lie there. I wanted to go to business school and make something of myself. I was tired of living as dirt poor as I was. I wanted the financial means to ensure that no one would ever think to fuck with me again. It was the sense of control that brought me a measure of peace into my life.

I took a sip of my beer as I pondered over Adrienne. No matter how much I tried, I could not get that girl out of my head. Our confrontation in front of her locker proved interesting. I had assumed she couldn't handle my darker side, but somehow, she was intrigued by it.

She was curious.

She had effectively brought out the beast in me, reminding me of the shithead that give birth to me and was responsible for the raw, vibrating anger I felt constantly. It was enough to have me wanting to fuck her into submission, but luckily, the setting had me restrained.

Or rather, the interruption Riley proved to be.

I wondered if I really would've kissed her there and hiked her up, wanting to bury myself deep in her cunt, feeling her wet pussy clench hungrily around my cock, but I sensed that Adrienne wouldn't have appreciated it at the moment. There was too much animosity between us and I knew her hatred was growing for me with every second.

It was something I found comfort in because it meant she wouldn't so easily forget me. Her indifference to me pissed me off and the beast within me wanted to ensure that we got under her skin.

"Dude, what's crawled up your ass?" Damian asked.

I looked to Damian who had a chick sitting on his lap. Some of the guys and I retreated to a room just down the hallway where it was invitation only. The younger members of the team were keeping watch outside. Three of them were at the pool table and one of them was making out with another girl.