5. Secrets

Wooyoung yelped in terror as his eyes fell on his neighbour San who was sitting before him with just a pair of black boxer shorts on.

Wooyoung pulled his hands out from where they had been under San's arms to his chest defensively.

"I'm mad, I'm absolutely fucking mad, I'm talking to a cat and now . ." Wooyoung rubbed his eyes and blinked over and over "I'm seeing San"

Wooyoung pinched himself and yelped, his mind in disbelief, "The authorities are going to put me in a fucking madhouse"

"You're not mad"

Wooyoung had never moved so fast in his life, as he sprung backwards at hearing that beautiful voice, his back slamming into his bed rest with a harsh thump. If there had been a window behind his bed he probably would have flown out of it in the process.

"He's not real, you've finally lost your shit Wooyoung" Wooyoung told himself.

Wooyoung pressed his eyes closed, sure he liked the boy but how on earth was he in his room, it just wasn't possible, he must have fallen asleep, he was dreaming . .but what if he wasn't dreaming? Where the fuck was his cat? What the fuck was happening???

"I'm dreaming" Wooyoung suddenly declared "Just hyper real dreaming. . Yeah. . .That sounds about right. . right?" Wooyoung's confidence wavered with the tilting of San's head and the smirk on his face.

"He's not real, He's not real, He's not real" Wooyoung began to chant like a mantra.

He closed his eyes, continuing to chant and hoping that when he opened them again that he'd wake up San would be gone and the cat back. Because while dreaming of San in its essence was wonderful, the fact that this felt so real was unnerving.

The realness of the situation suddenly shot up a notch though as he felt the touch of foreign skin against his own. It was there and then it was gone in seconds.

"Don't be scared Woo. . I can change back if you want?"

The voice, it was so sweet, so soft, so real.

Wooyoung slowly opened his eyes, trying not to shiver.

"C-change back?" Wooyoung stuttered looking up into those green eyes which he'd come to adore.

San nodded "Maybe this wasn't the right way for me to do things. . .I should have told you as a human first and then shifted"

Alarm bells were ringing in Wooyoung's head that he was going insane, yet still he couldn't help but interact with the mirage of San he believed to be created by his imagination before him.

"As a human? W-what do you mean as a human?" Wooyoung wheezed, stumbling over his words.

San scratched his neck and looked to the side "I'm a shifter Woo, that cat you call Little one is me. I'm Little one"

Wooyoung was shaking his head as soon as the words spilled from San's mouth.

"That's not possible a cats a cat and you are you. . .even if I have no idea how you are here now. . am I dreaming?" he questioned.

San shook his head "You're not dreaming, I am here with you, I promise"

San paused and bit his lip and Wooyoung's eyes narrowed when he caught sight of San's teeth between his precious lips, they looked. . .sharp.

San was now sitting on his knees, his hands in his lap and his eyes downcast like a scolded child. "Would you like me to change back? You like my cat state more than my human one. . ." San then stated with a sigh.