Angel

Miranda had tears in her eyes making them rather sparkly in the moment. Her cheeks were red and puffy from crying, her voice horse from screaming. Kai seemed unfazed by her pained look. But deep down, he felt as though he were suffocating. He wanted to pull her into his arms, cradled her. Inhale her pure sent...

"Why can't you see that you've gone too far?!"
Miranda sobbed, her hands clinched into fists. Kai wonder if she would hit him. He knew she wanted to.

'what would it feel like...'

Keeping his cool, he sighed. Taking a step forward, he looked into her eyes. He raised his white gloved hand, bringing it to her tear stained face. Miranda flinched at the contact, looking away to a random object, anything but his own eyes. Kai lifted her chin up, forcing her to look into his piercing yellow orbs.

He smirked under his mask. She was so perfect. Untouched by the plague of what society calls "quirks". Untouched by the disease. Untouched by everyone. Only he was aloud to touch her. He wouldn't allow anyone to taint his prized possession.

"Why would you want to go outside?"

The tone of his voice was that of a mother, nurturing with dominate undertones. Miranda knew very well that her boyfriend could kill her. All he had to do was remove that glove- a thin fabric kept her from death. But she wasn't afraid. She knew he wouldn't. Maybe for the sake the Hassaki, but not for trying to sneak out.

"Because..."
Her voice choked. Her breath hitched. Miranda hated crying in front of other people, mostly because she knew she was a very ugly crier. She pushed Overhauls hand away- not being able to take the physical contact.

Another wave of tears came making Kai huff in frustration. Miranda used the sleeves of her sweater to wipe away her tears, and other fluids that were on her face... including blood.

"I j-just wanted too-"
A sob raked her body as she looked back at the pieces of Overhauls dead employee. The one that tried to help her take a trip outside.

"He was an unfaithful worker. I should have known he would try such a thing. He even got blood on your new sweater..."
Kai stared emotionless at the corpse. Or what was left of it-

slap

'so that's what it would feel like... hm~'

Miranda stared in shock of her actions. She hadn't realized what she had done until Kai's bird mask had clattered to the floor. Miranda looked into her companions eyes to see what she least expected. Not rage nor a sly smirk.

He looked so kind. So loving. He knew what she wanted, but he wasn't going to give it to her.

She wanted to see his rage, what pissed him off, what made him tick. It was an odd craving she couldn't shake. No matter how hard she tried. It was a dangerous thing to do- but it's come to the point where Miranda knew no matter what she did... he would still love her.

That thought broke her. Perhaps it was the stockholm syndrome kicking in, but no matter how many times she tried to get away, hit him, screamed at him, fought with him, he would still lover her. He would still shower her in expensive gifts. He would still cuddle her after she had an unpleasant nightmare. He would still love her. No matter what she did.

"Shhhh... com're..."
Miranda melted into the arms of her kidnapper. His muscular arms held her tight as she sobbed into his chest. Kai ran his gloved fingers through Miranda's thick brown hair, while swaying her gently back and forth.

"You get so worked up sometimes angel.~"
Kai hummed gently. Miranda's breath slowed as she began to relax, her mind seemed to go blank from any real thoughts. All she could think of was the man holding her tight. So tight it was as if he were going to lose her.